Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Semi Low-Carb Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Dec-06-04, 11:13

Plan: carb/cal cycling
Stats: 176/136/125 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress: 78%
Default Dec 6 - Dec 12th Weekly Cycler's Thread

Good morning everyone.
I'm meeting with a personal trainer this afternoon, as I just joined a new gym & need some guidance with the weights etc. It looks as though I may start cycling differently than I have been. I do think I won't be going so low on the cals on carb down anymore. I recently figured out something that shows the cal levels someone shouldn't be going below if they want to stay healthy. i think for someone my age, height and activity level, mine was around 1350. (And if I understand right I shouldn't even be going that low on a regular basis, maybe more like 1450-1500 on carb down?)
I do think with lifting weights I will be able to put on a lot more muscle and will just be able to improve my metabolism to the point where I won't need to eat 1200 cals to lose. So it looks like this month will be more focused on getting more fit, and hopefully maintaining where I am weight wise for the time being.

how's everyone today
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Dec-06-04, 12:10
Registered Member

Plan: carb cycling
Stats: 22/12/8 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 69%

Mornin! Have a great day at the gym and with getting things going with the weights. My neighbors swear by weights, but they do a totally different plan than atkins. They told me to read the book and see what I think. I'm humoring them and looking for possible tweaks.. Body for Life...
Anyway, cd yesterday and no loss yet. I'm sure it will come off pretty quickly though. Just takes a few days to show on the scales. Tonight is a family birthday party for my DS and will probably go off a little tonight and enjoy some birthday cake. I really want to get to the point where after I lose the weight I want that I can enjoy the occasional indulgence and not have to question it. Anyway I will jump back on in the morning.
Well take care and let us know how everything went.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Dec-06-04, 17:04
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 149/136/125 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 54%

Hi all!!! I joined a gym as well today and did a 45 minute spin class which I really enjoyed!!! I have been stalled for sooooo long, so, hopefully this exercise will kick my metabolism into gear!!!!! I have done really well with my eating-no cheating and low carb. I have not weighed yet, still too scared! I can't take it!!!!
Hopefully I will report good news at the end of the week!
My best to you all!!!
-Nan
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Dec-07-04, 09:48

BF:

good morning
here's the link to calculate someone's bmr, if anyone is interested http://www.weight-loss-for-women-ov...-calculator.htm

poto- your spin class sounds great.

pattilacy - keeping my fingers crossed that you see a loss today.

i do really like my trainer, and think i can get a lot from working with him. i bought a package of 10 sessions with him, which I don't have to use right away. I think we are going to meet for 2 weight lifting sessions, just to better show me the equipment & get me started. then after that we will meet every two to three weeks to add more to what i'm doing, etc.

one thing that shocked me though is that i've shrunk, i'm now 5 feet tall. He said that just about everyone starts to lose an inch or two by the time they are 40. i didn't know that.

well i hope everyone has a great day
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Dec-07-04, 10:06
Registered Member

BF:

Morning! Sounds like ya'll are both doing great on the exercise front. One silly question, what is a spin class?
Anyway down a little this morning but not to my sig weight yet. So not going to fret over it. Went biking yesterday and will try for that again today. Looks like a lovely day outside. We needed one with all the rain. Happy cycling to all.
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Dec-07-04, 10:32
Registered Member

BF:

Spinning is a group exercise on stationary bikes. My class is 45 minutes and is a super workout!!! (it goes by so fast!)
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Dec-08-04, 09:51
Registered Member

BF:

Wow the spinning sounds like fun. Biking has turned into my workout of choice right now. DH wants to exercise but not alone so we dag ds out with us and ride for 30 minutes or so in the afternoons. We live in a really hilly area though so the legs get such a workout.
Anyway, down a little again this morning but still not to my sig weight. Hope to see that tommorrow. Would love to see VT this weekend.
After my really long cu am doing an extended cd. As long as I see some loss will stick with it for up to 10 days. Really hoping for 185 for New Year's Eve. at 191 I will finally enter the overweight category instrad of the obese category. I know it may seem silly but really want to switch categories and have some to spare going into Christmas day and New Year's Eve.
So how are ya'll doing?
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Dec-08-04, 10:00

Plan: low carb
Stats: 200/000/135 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 0%

Hi all ~

Sounds like everyone is doing great on the exercise! I have been sick and a slug for a week now but back on it tonight!

Just came back from vacation where I ate great (and LC!) except for one meal on Monday night which I treated like CAD - ate whatever I wanted, including desert, but kept it all in a 60 minute time limit. No exercise for a week but lots of walking on vacation and hilly. Weight is now down to 170 from a high during TOM and after Thanksgiving of 175 but still above my all time low of 169 which I saw shortly before Thanksgiving. I am staying CD at least until Saturday when I hope, hope, hope to see new VT.

Nepeta - I was also shocked and dismayed to find I had lost almost an inch of height at a recent physical. I made them measure 3 times! As long as I can remember I have been 5'4" but not anymore. My doc says I am too young (45) for osteoperosis (sp?) but it is a jarring feeling.
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Dec-08-04, 10:35

BF:

good morning all!

nutsnseeds. i have a book on osteoporosis and it says some women can develop osteoporosis in their mid 30's. 45 wouldn't be out of the question, i don't think. have you had a bone density test done?

i ate a lot yesterday, popcorn, cliff bar, extra evening snack. for some reason i was ravenous yesterday i'm up a pound this am, but i'm sort of like whatever. i think i have days where i get sick of restricting what i eat so much. mind you i don't think i'll make a habit of eating like i did yesterday, but it was nice to sort of not care for a change.
i may start a carb down cycle in the next few days. one concern is my added weight lifting & how low of cals and carbs do i want to go on those days. whether i want to carb up just on meals now, instead of week long carb ups? i'm just not sure, and it may take a bit of trial and error to eat in a way that will allow me to lose but to also put on muscle right now.
i may just carb down for the next week like i had been in my effort to get down to 133 by dec 25th. then after the end of the month switch to a 1400 carb down, with carb up days/meals every few days?

well i hope everyone is doing well. it's been a little quiet around here.
gotta run to the gym. i'm late!

-nepeta
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Dec-08-04, 20:40
Registered Member

BF:

Hi gang! I felt thin today so I weighed......HELP!!!!!!!!!!! I gained. What is going on????? I have been so good. I am SO frustrated.
  #11   ^
Old Wed, Dec-08-04, 22:24

Plan: Carb Cycling
Stats: 142/140/125 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 12%

Well the last couple days (Sunday-today) have been nutritional disasters. I visited at my parents' houses this week while studying for final exams. I ate chocolate, bagels, bananna bread and all sorts of other carbage. I had three Christmas parties in those three days and cheated at all but one of them. Plus, after last night's party I pretty much gave up and ate bad all day today. I know the scale isn't going to like me tomorrow morning. I am desperately hoping I'll still be under 140 lbs, but I'm worried it will be worse than that. Oh well, back to strict LC-ing in the morning. I'm trying to think on the positive side-maybe all my recent cheating will be a good metabolism boost (lol...I can hope)
  #12   ^
Old Thu, Dec-09-04, 10:14
Registered Member

BF:

potomacnan:The same thing happened to me last week. I'm sure it is just water weight. I'm sure you will see a loss in the morning, just drink plenty of water today.
nepta; I have those days too and sometimes several hit me at a time. I'm sure it helps our metabolisms though.
Apk: Same thing, you just needed a good refeed. I did that this past weekend, started Friday and ended on Monday. The weight gain showed up in a big number (199, 6 pounds up) but as of this morning I'm down to my siggy weight, so anything else is VT.

And that is my story this morning, was blessed to see me siggy weight this morning. I made DH and Ds chicken fried chicken last night complete with white gravy, mashed potatoes. and steamed carrots and cabbage. I had my chicken grilled and ate steamed cabbage. I really wanted some gravy, but I stuck with it and was thrilled to be back down this morning. Will do a similar meal tonight and am really hoping for Vt in the morning. I am getting used to cu though and am looking forward to the next round of up. Just gives me more choice.
I have slightly upped my carbs on carb down and really enjoying that more. A piece of fruit a day either an apple or a tangerine (clemintines). It has replaced my LC ice cream this past week and I am feeling so much better. I think it is pretty much the same carbs if you count the sugar alcohols in the ice cream.
Well hope we all meet in Vermont soon!
  #13   ^
Old Thu, Dec-09-04, 11:00

Plan: High Fiber
Stats: 205/162/135 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 61%

I need to say Hi and Thanks to all of you cyclers. What I read in your posts got me thinking of ways to break the stall I was in. (Almost 3 months of same weight--Arrgh!) So I did a carb/cal up for a few days, then went to LFL type protein days and I'm in VT today!
So thanks again!
Sandy
  #14   ^
Old Thu, Dec-09-04, 11:53
Registered Member

Stats: 205/164/155 Female 5 feet 8 inches
BF:
Progress: 82%
Default Hi from New Member

Hello All,
My name is Diana and I'm starting induction again after having been stalled for three months now. I realized my carbs had slipped upward, and I wasn't really doing induction for that whole time, which is good, I guess. Now I'm just trying to stay below 20 carbs/day while eeking out a pathetic BFL workout program, since I don't have much energy for workouts these days. I lost 50 lbs. on Atkins two years ago and now have 10 lbs. to lose, leftover from a cruise. I've been stuck for a while and confused as to whether I should eat more carbs or fewer carbs.
I am anxious to see how well I do on "real" induction, but carb cycling seems like a great idea since I'm afraid my metabolism is on to me. If its okay, I'll continue to read your posts with great interest.
Thanks for this list,
Diana
  #15   ^
Old Thu, Dec-09-04, 15:22
Registered Member

BF:

Welcome Sandy & Diana!!!!