Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Nov-06-03, 07:33
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 140/123/125 Female 5' 6
BF:
Progress: 113%
Default Woman Only - yet another girl question!

Hi,

I've read other post where people reported a strong odor down below. And at the time I agreed with the reply's posted of it being due to ketones in the urine. I have been in ketosis for some time now and am familiar with the "sympoms" However, I have somthing completely NEW! The "female odor" is very stong. I have no infections (yeast or any other kind). I am wondering, since I am loseing weight in area's (like my big ol' theighs) that I have not lost from in many many years, could it be hormones being released into my body from fat cells? I've read that fat cells store hormones (at least I think I did?)

Thanks for any help!

yucky-smelly-me
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Nov-06-03, 09:21

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'2
BF:
Progress: 43%

Hey Every,

As a former vegetarian, and as someone who has dated many women who are meat eaters AND veggies (sorry, might be too much information for some) I can definetely attest to the fact that your smell "down there" changes with the amount of meat you are eating. Especially red meat. Perhaps this might be part of it?

But yes, when I lose weight, my hormones certainly do seem to change, so that could be part of it, too.
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Nov-06-03, 09:58
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 140/123/125 Female 5' 6
BF:
Progress: 113%

Thanks for the reply! I have been eating alot of steak...I'll cut down and see what happens!
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Nov-25-03, 20:14

Plan: atkins/intermit. fasting
Stats: 166/136/135 Female 5'3''
BF:
Progress: 97%

There is estrogen in fat cells which is why it is harder to lose weight when you are peri-menopausal. Your body wants estrogen and will hold on to the fat for this reason.

Now as for the odor, the meat thing sounds very plausible to me. I also notice that I smell like garlic when I eat garlic, so food just might be the answer to this dilemma.
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Nov-25-03, 20:53

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 203.5/163/125 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 52%

I've also noticed a smell down there, but it seems to decrease when I drink more water... try increasing your water consumption