Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Feb-12-02, 22:12

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 325/299.5/150
BF:
Progress: 15%
Unhappy I just coudn't get enough!

Has anyone ever had a day like that? I just kept eating and eating all day. Nothing happened to set it off, wasn't having a bad day or anything. I didn't eat anything I shouldn't, just way too much of it Finally, after dinner tonight it seemed to be gone, that urge to just eat and eat. Ok, just needed to share that, and ask if anyone else goes thru this. I'm off now to confess all to my journal.

cimart
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Feb-12-02, 22:25

Plan: atkins
Stats: 255/225/140 Female 55
BF:
Progress: 26%
Angry Yes I have...today

Today must have been the day!!!! for everyone.....I went off the diet terribly today and then my daughter called and said she had gone off too........couldnt get enought to eat. My biggest problem thought is that I am not losing. and all that stuff about people say about"I do this WOL because I feel so good" LIE LIE LIE..........everyone is doing it cause they wanna look good. I dont care what any one says. I am type II diabetic....I do feel better on the diet but if I am not gonna lose I am not putting myself through all this,really. So I will go back on tomorrow and see what happens.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Feb-12-02, 23:27
Registered Member

Stats: 172.5/165.5/130
BF:
Progress: 16%
Default me too

I am in the same boat. I felt like I was feeding a hollow leg today. I just ate and ate all day. AAAAnd I did not exercise and I meant to. I have been putting it off for days now and I promised myself that I would. i was on the way to the gym and my sister called with a job crisis and needed an hours worth of consolling. Oh well, tomorrow will be a mujch better day. good luck everyone
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Feb-13-02, 03:00

Stats: 22/22/8
BF:
Progress: 23%
Smile

I can only speak for myself and here is my 2 cents. When I was eating the way before atkins I was eating all the time and not feeling full. When I say all the time I mean all the time. I felt fat. I felt tired. I felt cross. I could hardly breathe. Now on atkins I dont have that tired acky feeling. I am not cross with people. I can have a conversation with people and not have to huff and puff. And I just eat 3 meals a day. I dont crave the candy. I wish I could lose it all tomorrow but I know I wont. There is weeks where I dont lose a pound. I might even gain. But I feel better. Do I miss the junk food? Yes and no. At times mentally I guess. I find it hard sometimes cause I feel like I am cooking constantly. Before I would just eat and I wouldnt even have to cook anything. I am glad I am eating this way now. Eventually I will lose the weight. It might take me months and maybe even a year but I will do it. Will I ever eat at fast food restuarants again? Yes but not all the time like before. You get what you put into your life and how your life wants to be. I made my mind I am going to do this and I am. That is my opinion. I hope things go well with you.
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Feb-13-02, 06:24
Registered Member

Stats: 240/227/160
BF:
Progress: 16%

I get that bottomless pit feeling right before my period
I usually tend to it with a few more carbs than usual, but only for a day or two at the most. I am a typeII diabetic as well and I would do this woe even if there was no weight loss because it controls my sugar levels so well, and I've seen family members suffer and die from diabetes and I feel like their deaths will be in vain if I don't learn from them and do better. This woe keeps my cravings and hunger under amazing control and I am beginning to sleep better at night , now I just have to squeeze exercise back into my busy schedule

Regards,
Terri
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Feb-13-02, 07:01

Plan: Atkins/ Protein Power
Stats: 173/140/140 Female 69.5
BF:2ndX w/ Atkins
Progress: 100%
Default teegee could be on to something...

Last week and was way more hungry than I have ever been. I didn't cheat, but I ate alot more than usual. This week, TOM rolled in. I justed posted something about weight gain/TOM in the general forum...so I may be trying to link to much to this but, I just went off the pill (last month) and this TOM seems to have caused so many problems. I wonder if my crazy hunger last week was linked - I mean since I was off my pill, I had no idea when TOM would come, so that part couldn't have been mental (you know, I know TOM is coming so in the back of my mind I think it's okay to eat b/c I think I get hungry)...

I have the most problems when I eat late at night, and last week, my boyfriend ordered a pizza or ate fish sticks w/ tartar sauce (my fav) every night before bed (he's a thin as a pole) - he torchered me alll week...the smells were the worst , but I didn't touch the stuff.
Good Luck Everyone ,
Erin
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Feb-13-02, 08:08

Stats: 235/158/150
BF:
Progress: 91%

I can say for me .. TOM is very close and yesterday I felt the same way. I had to eat ...and eat. I was all good food tho, all the things I should. I add a x-helping of hambuger to my salad for lunch and dinner. I think it was to much fat...lol.. Made me sick to my tummy. Maybe there is a link to TOM and eating.

#8   ^
Old Wed, Feb-13-02, 08:21
Registered Member

Stats: 195/201/145
BF:
Progress: -12%

I have those day's too! I eat and eat and eat. I don't stop LCing, I just eat whats on the plan.

I do still have some cravings. It is more texture than anything else. I just get tired of the same old textures. I would love a potato chip, but I don't because I won't stop at one! There is really nothing on LC that is like it. I do have bacon, but that slows my loss down. I do eat nuts, but not the same.

I think I have really beat my addiction to chocolate. It has been wonderful. I can bypass those cookies! I really like this WOL. I may not have lost much, but I can do this without thinking. That is the most important WOL for me, no thinking!

Gilta
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Feb-13-02, 08:38

Plan: Atkins/ Protein Power
Stats: 173/140/140 Female 69.5
BF:2ndX w/ Atkins
Progress: 100%
Default Gilta,

Have you tried pork rinds? I'm not a fan of 'em, but there are tons of people that are. I think I heard people melting butter on them or making them into nachos. If you need a crunch, it may work. Watch out though, because they go bad (short shelf life), and I think the ones I bought were old - I don't think they're a very popular item at my grocery store.

Erin
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Feb-13-02, 10:35

Stats: 325/299.5/150
BF:
Progress: 15%

Thanks everyone. I am so glad I am not alone! Also, I woke up with tOM. I never even thought that might be it. I just finished one 11/2 weeks ago! That's one thing that really bothers me about this woe, the screwed up TOMS. I wonder how long it lasts, or if it ever will stop messing things up. Anybody know? Oh well, I am in better control today.

Take care everyone,

cimart
  #11   ^
Old Wed, Feb-13-02, 20:18
Registered Member

Stats: 200/197/130
BF:
Progress: 4%

Me Too !
I ate everything in site, although I did stick to my diet.
I must have ate two dozen devil eggs, and too much hamburger to count. I also feel really overstuffed and fat again, I wonder why, since I basically stuck to my LC list.