Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Oct-04-03, 14:14

Plan: CAD
Stats: 158/145/128 Female 5ft 5in
BF:
Progress: 43%
Thumbs up Positive affermation challenge

Anyone out there feel like they need to change their self talk?

How about a challenge to say 10 positive affermations to youself every morning and evening untill Halloween.

EX. 1) I am getting slimmer every day

2) I will make good choices for my body and my spirit

3) Today I will love myself enough to stay with this program

4) Today I am in control

5) I am committed to my plan

6) I am a great person I have alot to share today

7) I am worth my commitment

8) I am reaching my goals daily

9) Life is a journey, I have learned from the choices I have made.

10) I am supported in my committment

These are just some examples. You can make up your own or use some of these. Anyone with me?

Susan
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Oct-04-03, 15:22

Plan: Keto
Stats: 270/265/170 Male 68 inches
BF:43%/35%/10%
Progress: 5%

Sure... sounds good... I will start tommorow morning...
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Oct-04-03, 17:35
Registered Member

Plan: lots of meat
Stats: 00/00/00 Female 5 10"
BF:goal: 17%
Progress: 41%

Sounds like something I really need at this point in my life. Spirits and self esteem are lowest they've been in a while.
I'm in!

Meg
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Oct-04-03, 20:02

BF:

Allright Korry and Meg! Let's keep checking in and see how we are doing.

Meg, you look like you have had great success. I know this can make a huge impact. We just need to change our inner dialogue. Hopefully we can pick up our spirits and our weigh loss.

We are worth it! Susan
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Oct-05-03, 14:41

Woke up this morning, tried positive affirmation... seems to be working... Currently, I am feeling energetic and in good spirits... weather is beautiful here today, btw...
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Oct-06-03, 10:46

BF:

Way to go Korry! I feel great as well. I am renergized for the week. Have a great day. Susan
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Oct-06-03, 11:40

High of 86 degrees F today... Weather isnt that bad... (I think I need to stop judging the day by the weather... ) Overall, feeling great, and productive... I plan to a lot accomplished today...

Have a wonderful, productive day!
Korry

Last edited by korry1977 : Mon, Oct-06-03 at 15:46.
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Oct-06-03, 15:30

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 170/169/135 Female 60
BF:
Progress: 3%

Count me in Susan. My confidence and spirit need uplifting. I'll start tomorrow.

Rainopal
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Oct-06-03, 19:11
Registered Member

Hey all, if you look at the website http://www.mercola.com/forms/eftcourse.htm
there is something something called EFT or "emotional freedom technique" where you tap certain pressure points while repeating an affirmation to yourself. It is supposed to really help release negative mental/emotional "programming" which we all have in us somewhere and is also a way to reprogram with positive input. Check it out, it sounds very effective if you can stick to it. (meaning I haven't yet)

Meg
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Oct-06-03, 19:12
Registered Member

Here is a quote from the first page, there are many pages of information though - this should give you an idea of what it's about.

What is the Emotional Freedom Technique?

The Emotional Freedom Technique, or EFT, is the psychological acupressure technique I routinely use in my practice and most highly recommend to optimize your emotional health. Although it is still often overlooked, emotional health is absolutely essential to your physical health and healing - no matter how devoted you are to the proper diet and lifestyle, you will not achieve your body's ideal healing and preventative powers if emotional barriers stand in your way.

EFT is very easy to learn, and will help you:
  • Remove Negative Emotions
  • Reduce Food Cravings
  • Reduce or Eliminate Pain
  • Implement Positive Goals
EFT is a form of psychological acupressure, based on the same energy meridians used in traditional acupuncture to treat physical and emotional ailments for over five thousand years, but without the invasiveness of needles. Instead, simple tapping with the fingertips is used to input kinetic energy onto specific meridians on the head and chest while you think about your specific problem - whether it is a traumatic event, an addiction, pain, etc. -- and voice positive affirmations.

This combination of tapping the energy meridians and voicing positive affirmation works to clear the "short-circuit" - the emotional block -- from your body's bioenergy system, thus restoring your mind and body's balance, which is essential for optimal health and the healing of physical disease.

Some people are initially wary of these principles that EFT is based on - the electromagnetic energy that flows through the body and regulates our health is only recently becoming recognized in the West. Others are initially taken aback by (and sometimes amused by) the EFT tapping and affirmation methodology, whose basics you will learn here.

But keep in mind that, more than any traditional or alternative method I have used or researched, EFT works. I have witnessed the results in my patients since deciding to use EFT exclusively in June of 2001. The pioneer of EFT, Gary Craig, has seen similar outstanding results since developing EFT over a decade ago (see his website at www.emofree.com). Indeed, because of its very high rate of success, the use of EFT has spread rapidly, and medical practitioners employing EFT can now be found in every corner of the country and world.

This manual will provide an overview on how and where to tap, and the proper affirmation techniques, so that you can begin using EFT immediately to help yourself and others. It will also provide an introduction to some advanced EFT techniques and principles you can employ.
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Oct-06-03, 19:56

BF:

Meg, looks like some great information. I will check it out. I believe we can make a huge impact on our lives if we can use positive self talk. Sometimes when I look back at the subtle things I say to myself throughout the day it is just depressing. Time to be nice to ourselfs. Thanks again for the info. Good luck. Susan

Rainopal, Great to have you along. Hope we can all make a positive impact on our wellbeing and weight. Susan

Hi Korry, good insight about the weather and day. Hope you have the day you invisioned. I am feeling empowered about these affermations. Have a great evening and we will be starting our day off with some positive self talk. (smile). Susan
  #12   ^
Old Tue, Oct-07-03, 09:44

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 170/169/135 Female 60
BF:
Progress: 3%
Smile

Hi everyone,

Thank you Susan for starting this thread.

My Affirmations for today are:

1. I can trust myself to do what is good for my health.
2. I can stick to my WOE just for today.(Which is Atkins)
3. God will give me the strength I need if I ask for it and am willing.
4. I am worth my commitment.
5. I deserve good health and a good-looking body.
6. I can do what I need to do to meet my goals whether I feel like doing it or not.
7. I was briefly derailed but I am now back on track.
8. I will make good choices for my body and spirit.
9. I am not alone in my efforts.
10. I have the energy I need today to cook and prepare appropriate meals for my WOE.

Rainopal
  #13   ^
Old Tue, Oct-07-03, 09:59

Feeling great today... plenty of energy...

Hope all is well with everyone,
Korry
  #14   ^
Old Tue, Oct-07-03, 20:02

BF:

Rainopal, great affermations. Hopefully if we do this for the next month then it will be a habit and we will keep saying positive stuff to ourselves. It is not like I am really negative but as far as my weight and body goes I need to love and appreciate myself more. (ya know what I mean)? Anyway, loved you affermations. Hope you had a great day.

Korry, way to go on your day. I had a great day too. I got a ton accomplished but now am dead tired. Need to remember to do my affermations before bed. Hopr your day tomorrow is a good one.

Meg, hey, I checked out that web site. Interesting. I did a little thumping. Who knows. Did you just hear about this or is it somthing you have been doing for a while. What is your take on it? Hope you had a great day.

Susan
  #15   ^
Old Wed, Oct-08-03, 10:36

thank you for the compliments...

Its Wednesday, near the halfway mark... Still some work today but i am on schedule... yay!