Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Nutrition & Supplements
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Aug-21-02, 10:58

Plan: Food Combining
Stats: 220/175/154 Male 5feet5inches
BF:?/27.5%/19.6%
Progress: 68%
Smile Guazuma Ulmifolia etc Info wanted pse

I live in a Russian speaking country and I have just bought an Indonesian herbal product that claims to do great things for weight loss, de toxification and 'regulating stool'. (If I can make out the Russian) you take 2 to 5 tabs at night. It contains Guazuma ulmifolia, rheum palmatum, areca catechu, curcuma aeruginosa, curcuma longa and curcuma heyneana. (Spellings may be wrong owing to transliteration from Russian.)

Has anyone come across this or any of its ingredients before and if so, is it any good?

It's quite expensive so I'd like to know more about it. If it seems to work (I'm on a plateau at the moment) I'll let you all know.

Many thanks, Robert (English but living in Belarus).

Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Aug-22-02, 11:02

Plan: Food Combining
Stats: 220/175/154 Male 5feet5inches
BF:?/27.5%/19.6%
Progress: 68%
Smile "Body Style" tablets. More info and info wanted please

I’ve got some more information on the herbal tablets I bought if anyone is interested. They are sold as ‘Body Style’ and come from Indonesia.

Commoner names for the contents are: Guazuma ulifolia = Mutamba (Guacima in Mexica), Rheum palmmatum = Chinese rhubarb, Areca catechu = Areca or Betel nut, Curcuma aeruginosa = cloud nine, Curcuma longa = temeric.

The pills claim to reduce weight, maintain slimness, normalize fat circulation, break up and taking away fat and cholesterol from the body, overall body cleansing, improvement in hair, skin and nail condition, improvement of the digestive system, normalization of stool and cure constipation.

Once again if anyone has tried any of these herbs or this combination I’d be happy to hear from them. I've just started taking them so if anyone is interested in a progress repoert after a week or so i'd happily give one.

Regards,
Robert
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Aug-22-02, 11:05

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Robert, I've merged your two posts together into one so everything is kept organized.

I did a cursory search yesterday for some info and all I was able to findout was that the main ingredient (Guazuma ulifolia) seems to be a diuretic (it's also a tree ) I'll let you know if I find anything else.

Nat
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Aug-22-02, 13:37
Starting Over!

Plan: Protein Power LifePlan
Stats: 182/178/150 Female 67 inches
BF:Jiggley mess
Progress: 13%

just by reading the list of 'benefits' it sounds eerily like a colonic cleanser of some sort...don't you think, Nat? That's just a guess.