Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Semi Low-Carb Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Mar-11-03, 16:24

Plan: Schwarzbein II, BA, IS
Stats: 125.4/119.2/115 Female 5'1" small frame
BF:33% /??? / 20%?
Progress: 60%
Default Pms!!tom!!eek!!help

I am startint to want to eat down the house (preferably a chocolate house, with a Mocha Grande swimmingpool).

This is my second day strict Zoning (great timing) so I'm wondering if any of you feel the need to up your intake around this time of the month?

I can't drink any more water! I need advice, ladies.

Muchas Gracias!
Jinx
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Mar-11-03, 17:05

Plan: Keto
Stats: 203/187.2/140 Female 5' 3"
BF:75%/5%/25%
Progress: 25%

Well... I am past that problem, but I still cycle every month it seems... my advice is to indulge! Ok, ok, I know, that does not sound like good advice and maybe someone will chime in here and give you some 'good' advice, BUT... if you balance the carbs with the protein, indulging every now again isn't going to take you out of the zone... and eat enough! Keep yourself full! Don't let yourself get hungry... ok... that's my advice... (remember it is not wise to always take advice! LOL) I'm sure Zone Coach could help you much better than I can... but that is what I would do... best wishes!
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Mar-11-03, 17:34

Plan: Zone
Stats: 151/144/135 Female 5'9"
BF:19
Progress: 44%
Default I agree:)

Have whatever you like Make it a healthy chocolate dish. We have already established you will be out of the zone for a meal. So what's healthy in the chocolate factory? I'll tell ya what I like.

Mix one packet of sugar free hot chocolate and one regular packet of hot chocolate w/ marshmello's. Mix w/ 10 oz of hot water and top with whipped cream and Hershey's syrup. Think this won't get rid of your chocolate craving? TRUST ME! My friends didn't believe me until they tried it. It's very sweet and low in fat (high in sugar I am sure!)

Have some cottage cheese on the side if you want to try to stay "close" to the zone

Last edited by lisalaura : Tue, Mar-11-03 at 17:36.
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Mar-11-03, 18:33

Plan: Keto
Stats: 203/187.2/140 Female 5' 3"
BF:75%/5%/25%
Progress: 25%

Now that sounds good! Be sure to balance that carb with the protein though! Not that hard to do
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Mar-11-03, 22:40

Stats: 151/129/128 Female 5'4"
BF:17.5%
Progress: 96%
Default Re: Pms!!tom!!eek!!help

It is not uncommon to have increased cravings either mid-cycle or premenstrual, or both due to fluctuating female hormone levels. Experiment and see which option is the most effective for you.
1) Have a ½ piece of fruit with each snack and a piece of fruit with each meal or include one block of a higher glycemic (less favorable) carbohydrate with your meals on your most difficult days.
2) Reduce the carbohydrate intake by one block per meal and substitute with an additional fat block.
3) For real chocolate cravers have SMALL one-inch square of a 70% (or higher) cocoa content bittersweet bar following one meal (the carbohydrate content is very low, and it does contain some saturated fat; but this is far better than even half a piece of chocolate decadence cake!).
4) Have a piece of fudge (recipe below). The only problem with that is it's hard to stop at just one.

This recipe is very forgiving depending on your choice of ingredients and brands ~ adjust accordingly. For instance, you may prefer almond butter or less peanut butter and chopped nuts. Powdered milk brands vary significantly in their counts – check your label. Do not use soy protein powder. The result would be dry and chalky. The entire recipe should be 84g Protein, 108g Carb, 36g Fat (slight variations are Zone acceptable)

Chewy Chocolate Zone ‘Fudge’
6 T Fructose (48g Carb)
6+- T Water
¼ C natural Peanut Butter (32g Fat)
1t olive oil (4.6g Fat)
¾ C + 2T Designer Whey Chocolate Protein Powder (61.25g Protein, 7g Carb, 5g Fat)
¾ C Sanalac Powdered Milk (24g Protein, 39g Carb)
5 T Hershey’s Cocoa Powder (10g Carb, 2.5g Fat)
3 T ground Flax Seed (optional) (Free)

Mix dry ingredients together with wire whisk – Set aside

In a large saucepan, bring water and fructose to boil. Add peanut butter and return to boil stirring with wire whisk.

Remove from heat. Add oil ~mix

Add dry ingredients.

Stir with fork. Mixture will be very thick. More water may need to be added a few drops at a time.

Press into sprayed mini-muffin tins and freeze for about an hour. Remove from tin and store in sealed container in freezer.

Makes 12 one block snacks.

Total recipe = 85g Protein, 104g Carb, 39.5 Fat

#6   ^
Old Thu, Mar-13-03, 10:13

Stats: 151/144/135 Female 5'9"
BF:19
Progress: 44%
Lightbulb

ahhh, I really like the fruit thing. That will work great for me during that time of the month!

Thanks for that tip Zone Coach.

Sometimes the answer is right under your nose