Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Jan-24-05, 18:08

Plan: CAD
Stats: 258/258/140 Female 5'7
BF:40%/40%/20%
Progress: 0%
Default A little embarrassed.....

Well, I am sure no one here remembers me I can't believe I started this like three YEARS ago and never finished it. Now, I am fatter and sadder than ever. I don't even know how I got sidetracked, but I did. I was all gung-ho about this new way of eating, then I acquired the attention span of a gnat. I feel like such an idiot. Now I am 15 pounds heavier than when I started this. I could have lost all my weight by now. I just want to say hi and reintroduce myself. Hopefully this time I will see this through to the end...no, I will see this through. I am so sick of never finishing anything in my life. Please somebody hold me to this!! I am in serious need of tough love here. I got my CAD and CALP book back out today and refreshed myself but not sure which plan to follow....probably CALP....any opinions on that?
Anyhoo....my reason for realizing that I need to do this is because I have been having health problems.....with my heart, my back, poor cirulation...its starting to get scary. Not to mention I walk around ready to snap anyone and everyone's head off if they even look at me the wrong way, or breath in my direction. I am so moody and irritable, I just feel downright awful all the time. My poor, poor husband
I guess I'll stop rambling and start reading around here to get to know all of you. I'll go update my journal later tonight, lol....I think I posted like three entries back in 2002....
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Jan-24-05, 19:43

Plan: CAD/CALP
Stats: 233/192/145 Female 62"
BF:
Progress: 47%

Welcome back to CAD, Ann Maire,

First off don't be embarrassed. Anyone one of us could fall off of plan. The main thing is, you know what you need to do now. You need to get your butt back on CAD/CALP, (that wasn't too harsh was it? :lol It is time for you to start feeling good again about yourself and take control of your body and CAD/CALP is just the plan that will let you do that.

As far as which plan to follow, that is up to you. They are both basiclly the same, but CALP has more options. What plan did you follow before? You seemed like you had luck with that plan, so go back to it. They are both wonderful plans.

If you are starting to have health problems, than yes, you need to do something and do it starting now. CAD/CALP is such a livable program and when you start losing weight, you will start to feel better and you won't have the mood swings like you do now. Your DH will be glad to have it wife back again.

When do you plan on starting? Let us know if we can answer any questions for you. Post often and good luck.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Jan-25-05, 09:03

Plan: CAD from day 1
Stats: 327/304/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 14%
Default Hi Ann

Welcome back to CAD (I just call it all CAD cause I'm too lazy to type CAD/CALP every time ) You have a real head start on doing the program now because you are already familiar with it and have gotten past the mental block of thinking it is a very strange way to eat. Make sure you take the time to re-familiarize yourself with all the nuances of the program, since something small can really mess it up and cause it not to work. You could post menus in here if you want, to get them looked at and scrutinized.

I am a big fan of CAD, and glad to see a new face in here.
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Jan-25-05, 09:41

Plan: Lower Fat/Moderate Carb
Stats: 160/103.5/100 Female 5'2
BF:
Progress: 94%

Welcome back to CAD/CALP.
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Jan-25-05, 12:09
Finding the Pieces

Plan: Mishmash
Stats: 365/308.0/185 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 32%

Welcome back!!!
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Jan-25-05, 12:16

Plan: atkins ish
Stats: 150/147/120 Female 5'3
BF:NoMore Preggers!
Progress: 10%

I am not doing CAD but just wanted to say hi Don't feel silly-we all have done it-well at least I have!!!

Hope everything goes smoother for you from now on! Take care- GL!
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Jan-25-05, 12:47

Plan: Plant-based
Stats: 200/168/140 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 53%

WB Ann!

I don't like the person I am off CAD, so I know this plan is the plan for me for life. The cravings are out of control when I am off plan, and the iritability factor is awful! My Mom says that I seem like a happier person when I eat this way, and it is so true! I am so much happier
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Jan-25-05, 14:40

Plan: CAD
Stats: 258/258/140 Female 5'7
BF:40%/40%/20%
Progress: 0%

Wow, thank you all for such a warm welcome back...I appreciate the encouragement and advise.
Diane, no you weren't too "harsh" on me You are totally right, I need to get my butt back in gear. I would love to start feeling good about myself again. It was CAD that I tried a couple years back and I really did enjoy the food plan. I felt so good and in control. I don't even remember why I ever stopped. Today I am going to the store to stock up on my low carb food list, as well as some healthy carbs that I like for my reward meals. I am starting this tonight actually at dinner - I'm not even waiting til tomorrow!! So after I get back from shopping, I'll be cookin up a nice low carb meal seeing how I ate a carby breakfast...I plan on having my RM at dinner starting tomorrow though. I do own a treadmill, so I will also be incorporating exercise into this. I want to aim for 5x a week on my treadmill, and maybe 3x a week strength training. For me, this isn't just about getting thin anymore - it's about getting healthy. I really am scared about things like diabetes, back problems, heart attacks....all things I shouldn't be worrying about at age 26!!
Vel, thanks I will post my meals here for the first few weeks or so to get some feedback....and I am sure I will have many questions as I go along. I am re-reading the CAD book now to re-familarize myself with everything. I have the general idea, but I want to brush up on the details.
Zuleikaa, Anleigh, Twinmomma, and momto4boys - nice to meet you!! I am so excited to be here with you all! I have a good feeling about this. You will definitely be hearing alot from me....so if I talk too much, just tell me to shut up
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Jan-25-05, 20:06
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

Ann-
welcome back. Your plan to post your meals for accountability sounds great- and it's terrific you started today.
E