Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Jun-09-08, 11:49

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 210/210/120 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress:
Default Starting tomorrow...need accountability!

Hi everyone! I'm so excited I found this site and can't wait to jump in with you guys.

Here's a little about me: I'm not new to the LC WOL as I've been on and off of pretty much every diet out there but always come back to LC (which is why I need to stop thinking "diet" and start thinking "WOL"). I lost 30-40 lbs on Atkins in college and kept it off through getting married but soon put it all back on and then some after a year or so of marriage. I went back on Atkins and lost another 60 lbs but immediately got pregnant with my first DD. I am now, disgustingly, at my highest weight ever with many pounds to lose. In my own defense, I've had two kids in two years, most recently giving birth to my DS in February. I am currently breastfeeding (not looking for debates or lectures) and feel that I know my own body enough to know if my milk supply is dropping or if my son does not seem to be thriving as he is obviously my number one priority.

I have attempted to start twice in the last month and a half but have failed after a few days. I'm heading to the grocery store tonight and will start tomorrow for the last time. Thanks in advance for your accountablity and encouragement!

P.S. I vaguely remember seeing somewhere that lists lots of ideas for each stage of breakfast/lunch/dinner/snacks but I'm not sure where that was (might not have even been on this site). Any help would be appreciated!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Jun-09-08, 13:35
Think Pink

Plan: ♥Calorie Counting
Stats: 265/195/175 Female 5' 10"
BF: a few
Progress: 78%

Hi and welcome here!!! You absolutely can do this. I think a big key to your success will be in the planning. Sounds like you have a busy life with two litte babes (congrats on that). I'd make sure your fridge is stocked with Atkins friendly food and maybe even prepare meals ahead of time and have snacks on hand. If you like to cook there's lots of great meals and desserts in the recipe section here.

I wish you all the luck and success!!!!!!
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Jun-09-08, 14:26
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 165/154/130 Female 5'5'
BF:
Progress: 31%

I wish you luck!!
I just began atkins 9 days ago and am loving it.
You'll find a lot of advice and wonderful recipes lurking through the boards.
Among my two favorites so far are: cauliflower pizza and flax bread, http://lowcarbdiets.about.com/od/br...laxbasicfoc.htm
You will do wonderful!! We're all in this together