Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > South Beach Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Nov-11-07, 08:53
Registered Member

Plan: South Beach Diet
Stats: 171/164/130 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress:
Default Phase 2 menus

I'm starting my second week of phase 2 today and I need some help from everyone. I just want to know that I'm doing this completely correct because I DO NOT want to fall back into the rut I did before and go back to my old eating habits. This is my basic phase 2 menu and could everyone post what they normally eat that seems to work for them? Thanks!

B: Flax muffin, sf jelly or syrup, 1 cup ff milk
S: Too busy to eat at work
L: grilled chicken salad with ranch or a cup of chili and small salad with ranch
S: sf pudding cup
D: some type of meat and a salad or side of vegetables

I've been slowly adding foods back in...somedays I will eat an apple instead of a pudding cup and some mornings I eat a bowl of fiber one.

Thanks for the help!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Nov-11-07, 09:44

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 225/138/140 Female 5' 5"
BF:
Progress: 102%

G'morning, Blondie
To see how I eat on a daily basis, feel free to check out my journal. I log my food there every day. Hey... maybe you should think about starting one too
Anyway... a typical day for me goes something like this:
B: coffee, 1/2 cup yogurt or 1/2 an apple w/ peanutbutter
S: I don't usually have one
L: Salad, usually a taco type one w/ beans, lettuce, tomato, an ounce of sour cream and hot sauce
D: chicken or turkey, veggie or salad, 1/2 sweet potato (baked) or 1 cup split pea soup
S: Again, usually I don't. However, lately I have been throwing in a HB egg or 2 or maybe some no sugar added hot cocoa

I'm working on getting more good fats into my diet; it's harder than it sounds, but with some great guidence I'm getting there

I'd ditch the Fiber One and opt for starchy veggies instead. There is so much variety to choose from w/o having to add grains in for a long time.
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Nov-11-07, 11:07
Registered Member

Plan: South Beach Diet
Stats: 171/164/130 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress:

Thanks Renee! That does help a lot...I kinda felt like I wasn't doing it right by not adding grains in..I really don't miss them at all which is very unusual for me...I'm going to stock up on lots of vegetables.