Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Oct-14-02, 13:39

Plan: Pregnant
Stats: 318.5/276/190 Female 5 9
BF:
Progress: 33%
Default Question for you wonderful LCers out there..

Hi everyone! Whats up! Today is my 4 month anniversary LCing and Im feeling great. Im down 22.5 inches and 43 lbs!

I have a question and was wondering if anyone else thought or went through this.

I would like to get to 180. Now I am 268. I have been over 200 lbs for most of my adult life--probably a good 15 years or so (Im 33). Do you think that my body will "let" me get under 200 since it has been over that for so long?

Im not having too much of a hard time yet (THANK YOU GOD!) with losing weight and inches. Im just curious if anyone ran into this prob and how you dealt with it.

Hope you all have a fabulous day!!!!!!!!!! KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK ALL!!!! Thanks for any input you have in this area. Yes, I have 68 pounds left before I worry about being under 200, but a friend and I were talking on here and it got me thinking about it.

Vicki
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Oct-14-02, 15:04
Registered Member

Plan: Shark Cycle Plan
Stats: 410/323/250
BF:
Progress: 54%

I'm not a big believer in the "set point" theory. After all, if you were stuck on a desert island, I imagine you would get wayyyy under 200 over time.

I think it's more mental than anything else. Look how skinny that Jared from Subway is? Lost over 200 lbs.....that's like losing 2 of that annoying Dell kid

You've done REALLY great so far.....good for you
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Oct-14-02, 16:16

Plan: Pregnant
Stats: 318.5/276/190 Female 5 9
BF:
Progress: 33%

Shark
Thank you! I guess I had to hear it from someone else. Im not too sure I believe in that set point theory. Some people at my work think I dont need to lose any more weight ( yeah they are smoking something) and they said it will prob be hard for me because my body is "used" to being this way.

Isnt it wonderful when poeple think you weigh 50 lbs less than you really do

Thanks for the response! Have a wonderful night.

Vicki

PS Yes, that Dell kid is annoying.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Oct-14-02, 21:56

Plan: Atkins/PP
Stats: 282/248/147 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 25%
Default Great JOB!

What a great four months it has been! Congratulations on your wonderful progress...just keep on keepin' on and you will reach that goal.

When you need to tweak your program, you'll know it...it may be up or change your level of exercise or it may be more water, less cheese and nuts...whatever works for YOU is the right answer!

Keep up the great results!

Bsayne
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Oct-17-02, 08:12

Plan: low fat,lowcarb..high pro
Stats: 302/175/155 Female 64 inches
BF:52/not good/22
Progress: 86%

Good Job done girl.
I have been lcing for almost 4 months and have yet to have a stall of any kind. (Thank God) . I too have been over 200 for most of my adult life and I am 43. I did get under once about 7 years ago doing lowfat which seems to me to be 3 times as hard as lc and required constant exercise but still I did get to 159 of course staying there was an even greater challenge with that way of eating and then I went and got pregnant again and put on my usually 90 pounds. Add to that a sedentary job, an abusive boyfriend and whala I peaked at 309. I got ride of the jerk and finally found peace in my life when he stopped stalking me. Its been about 8 months. Had my thyroid rechecked and adjusted my meds and lost 7 pounds doing nothing different and then some one told me about atkins. The rest is history. I am a new woman. I will not rest until I am under 200 pounds and I mean way under and you can do it too. Just be true to yourself with your food choices and get out there and move. I never thought I had time for exercise and now that I am in BFL I make time for it because it is time for myself. Good Luck and keep up the good work.
Laurie
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Oct-17-02, 08:26

Plan: VLC
Stats: 248/188.8/148 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 59%
Default Hey Vicki!

I think that you can do whatever you want to do! I don't think 180 is an unrealistic goal for you.

Mine is 145 at the moment... which I think is like a "normal" person's 120. I finally did a body fat calculator thingee and found out that I have about 32% bf, with a lean mass of 133 lbs and fat of 60 lbs... not sure how accurate that is, but it sounds about right. There is no way I could ever be 120, or less, as most 5'3" woman would like to be! I'm the kind of person that people ALWAYS think weighs about 30 lbs less than I really do, and have come to terms with the fact that the scale will always read more for me than it does for other people similar to me. 145 was a weight that I may have once been at in grammar school. I know that since high school and beyond I've usually been 180ish with a few dips down to around 170. BTW... at 180 I'm in a loosely fitting 14, with curves all over the place and plenty of attention from men!

I think you at 180 would knock the world on its collective ass and people would be making way for you with catcalls and whistles galore! Go for it girl!

It will probably be a lot of work the closer you get to it, but don't you think it will be worth it? I know 145 will be worth the effort for me!!!!!!

Talk to you soon!
Have a great day!!!!!!!
Kate
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Oct-17-02, 09:51

Plan: Atkins since sept 22/02
Stats: 205/165/150 Female 5'8
BF:32/28/22
Progress: 73%
Exclamation You're doing great

Hi VictoriaT, I can see that you are doing fantastic!!!!

Don't let the numbers on the scale run your life. What's important is how you look and feel. I've seen lots of people pass their goal weight, so don't listen to those folks at work. You will do it, I'm sure. Good Luck!

Nancy
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Jul-13-04, 23:58
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 187/177/154 Female 5ft 6in
BF:
Progress: 30%

Hi Vikki,
I'm new to this forum and came across your post while browsing the various threads. Today happens to be July 14th and from what you said your little bundle of joy should have arrived by now! Hearty congrats and best wishes for the below 200 goal!
Anu
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Jul-14-04, 01:39
Registered Member

Plan: My Version of M/E
Stats: 284/000/140 Female 65 inches
BF:54%/49.5%/25%
Progress: 197%

If you already had the baby, CONGRATS! If not, keep pushing!

Anyways, something to remember is that breastfeeding is a major weight loss aid. Your body will burn so many calories just working to feed your child that you will drop weight without even trying. Also, a true low carb diet (natural, whole foods without junk or processed items) is perfectly healthy during pregnancy and breast feeding as long as you aren't trying to stay on induction. Most people normally eat way more carbs than the body requires, so if you stay at a reasonable level of carbs, as long as you are getting enough fat and protein, your body will make what it needs to feed your child all the nutrients it requires.

Good luck!

PS: If you have trouble breast feeding and want to use a bottle, you can still have the same benefits by pumping your milk, it is free, results in fewer allergies for baby, decreases the childs risk of some cancers for you both, and has been linked to a decreased risk of obesity for the child (and overall better lifetime health).
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Jul-14-04, 05:20

Plan: Atkins Maintenance
Stats: 499.0/166.0/199.0 Male 75 inches
BF:
Progress: 111%

Congratulations on your loss VictoriaT!! You have the right attitude and with that I believe that you can doing that you set your mind too. Good luck as you move forward
  #11   ^
Old Wed, Jul-14-04, 07:43
Fit and Happy

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 273/145/160 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:49%/24%/24%
Progress: 113%

Congrats on your great loss so far! Good luck with the baby's birth, too.
  #12   ^
Old Wed, Jul-14-04, 09:49

Plan: LC BFL
Stats: 279/155/135 Female 5'5
BF:39/24/<20
Progress: 86%

i have the same worries at you... im pretty much at the smallest i ever remember being right now and i'm so scared that im going to stall now. i have no idea how much truth is in the theory, but i'll tell you what, im going to bust my a$$ to prove it wrong