Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Jul-26-07, 10:41

Plan: low carb diet
Stats: 175/166/155 Female 5`9
BF:
Progress: 45%
Default advice needed here.......

ok me and my daughter have been on our low carb diet now for a while and have lost. Now my question is my daughter has a birthday coming up tommorow she will be 19, now as much as we would love that cake and ice cream, is there an alternative to this? Is there a low carb birthday cake out there? lolol No matter how old she gets or any of us we still love cake and ice cream. But for the dieters what can we do? Just skip it? does anyone have any ideas about this? Is there something else she could have? Or can just have it and fast for the next 3 days. Help.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Jul-26-07, 10:44

Plan: Atkins72/Paleo/NoGrain/IF
Stats: 285/220/200 Female 5 feet 5.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 76%

I eat no-sugar homemade ice cream, sometimes with fruit in it or coffee for sweetening. I don't need artificial sweetener in it, because the cream is very sweet itself. There are low-carb cake recipes but I only need the ice cream. The first time my husband came to a birthday party at my parent's he had to ask specially for a piece of cake which had been shoved away after the candles were blown out. I had to explain that the cake is merely decorative in my family - we only care about the ice cream!

Janine
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Jul-26-07, 10:52

Plan: Atkins (Strict Induction)
Stats: 183/120/115 Female 5'7.5"
BF:21.6%
Progress: 93%

How about cheesecake with whipped cream? There are a number of low carb recipes on this site! Jill
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Jul-26-07, 11:16

Plan: Low carb
Stats: 136/118/115 Female 5' 2"
BF:
Progress: 86%

My daughter made me a low carb French Silk pie for my birthday! Man was it delicious! The crust was made with crushed nuts and butter, etc... and the filling was a rich creamy chocolate sweetened w/ splenda. Everyone loved it - even the carb eaters!
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Jul-26-07, 11:50

Plan: food? what's food?
Stats: 234/185/165 Female 62 inches
BF:nothin' but wobble
Progress: 71%

personally, the best low-carb birthday cake i've ever seen was a grocery-store rotisserie chicken with candles stuck in it.
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Jul-26-07, 11:52

Plan: Atkins/LC
Stats: 276.4/266.6/200 Female 5'8
BF:I've got some!!!
Progress: 13%

Quote:
Originally Posted by KvonM
personally, the best low-carb birthday cake i've ever seen was a grocery-store rotisserie chicken with candles stuck in it.

I love this! What a perfect idea! I am going to do this for my mom next year or even my dad...who both LC! FUNNY!!!

There are tons of cake ideas on here! They even have a red velvet cake that you can make LC! Check out the recipe link! I think you will find everything you will need!!!
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Jul-30-07, 18:42

Plan: my own
Stats: 100/100/100 Female 5 feet 2.5 inches
BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenika39
ok me and my daughter have been on our low carb diet now for a while and have lost. Now my question is my daughter has a birthday coming up tommorow she will be 19, now as much as we would love that cake and ice cream, is there an alternative to this? Is there a low carb birthday cake out there? lolol No matter how old she gets or any of us we still love cake and ice cream. But for the dieters what can we do? Just skip it? does anyone have any ideas about this? Is there something else she could have? Or can just have it and fast for the next 3 days. Help.

Before I started dieting, since I didn't like cake, my husband made me cheesecake and stuck a taper candle in it. ROFL So you could make a cheesecake birthday cake.

You CAN buy low carb icecream and it's good, too. In NY we got it at Walmart, but here walmart doesn't carry it, but we found it at a couple of grocery stores. I like the fudgesicles the best, but they also sell it packed like regular icecream. It's about four dollars. Not bad for a special occassion.