Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Apr-10-01, 07:39

Plan: Protein Power Plan
Stats: 209/136/140 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 106%

My answer to that one is no.. I've always counted just the carbs. To me it doesn't seem like too much work. I have a job that does that to me..LOL.. I purchased a book by Corinne Netzer and it's called the CARBOHYDRATE COUNTER...It's awesome.. Just carbs no fats...
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Apr-10-01, 07:59
Registered Member

Plan:
Stats: 220/199/140
BF:
Progress:

Nope, I don't usually "count" the fat. I don't even watch out for it! Yet, I do opt to grill my food, or cook it in a skillet with a spray of olive oil. Also I opt for salads more than cheese as a side. So I must think about it in some way...
HMMM

Honestd
PP since 3/27/01
220/208/140
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Apr-10-01, 09:05

Plan:
Stats: 260/259/200
BF:
Progress:

Try using " fitday.com"

You will like it.

Phyllis
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Apr-10-01, 09:11
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

The longer I am involved in this WOL, the more I have to watch out for foods dense in calories, like fat.

If I hit the whipping cream and high fat cheese too often, nothing happens in terms of loss. I don't count fat grams, I am just aware of the results of eating these things.

However, everyone is different. YMMV!

Karen
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Apr-10-01, 09:27
Forum Founder

Plan: LC, GF
Stats: 241/185/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 55%
Smile counting fat grams

As Phyllis suggested, try using a daily food journal like fitday.com ... I'm not suggesting this in order to RESTRICT fat grams, rather to see where you might change or ADD fat.

I'm like Karen; I have to go a little easy with the saturated fats -- especially high-fat dairy (cream, cheese, etc) and I do trim meats and drain bacon before eating. But by using fitday, I discovered that I often wasn't eating enough calories in a day, which leads to slowed metabolism (and slowed fat and weight loss) .. and the easiest way to add calories was to increase FAT .. in the form of unsaturated vegetable oils like olive and flax. 15 ml (1 Tbsp) oil has 120 calories.

So no, I don't count fat grams, but I am "aware" of the fat I eat, and make a conscious effort to get enough of the right KIND of fat for me....

Doreen