Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Gym Logs
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Nov-15-08, 17:45
Registered Member

Plan: zone
Stats: 245/176/145 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 69%
Default My Gym Log

Ok so this seems like a fun idea to post your activity on-line and get feed back from others. So why not instead of just reading other people's log's write my own?? So here goes:

On Friday 11-14-08

I don't usually go to the gym on Friday's just because I say it's my day off. But I was having a bad day and I was frustrated so i figured why not go to the gym. Besides it helps me clear my mind and give me undisturbed time to think about things. I got off work early around 4 pm and changed clothes and headed out.

I started off on the tredmill and ran a mile, then walked .25 and ran the rest of the mile. I was planning on only doing 2 miles but I was already there and said why not round it out and do the 5k. So when I reached 2 miles I walked the next half mile and then ran the rest to finish it out.

After that I did crunches. I usually only do 500 but today all I had was time so I did 1,000 and then did some stretches on the mat.

From there I went downstairs to do some weights. I haven't done weights in a long time so I was excited by this. When I do them I try to do three legs and three arms, alternating of course. I did the leg press first which is by far my favorite leg machine. From there I did different one for legs and arms that worked the specific areas I think I need to work on. I did three reps of 15 on each one increasing the weight each time. I much have looked like I knew what I was doing because a woman came up to me and asked me if I had a routine when I came to the gym and if I did reps and what not. That was nice and made me feel good that I didn't look ridiculous or lost doing the weights.

After that I had been there for about an hour and half so I decided to go back upstairs and finish up my work out on the tredmill and do another two miles to round out my total at 5 miles for the day.

I didn't intend to stay there for 2 hours going in, but I definitely felt good going out and it gave me alot of time to reflect. It also made me feel good when I got on the scale today after taking a shower and it said 183. Of course I know I can't be too excited by that yet. I'll give it a day or so and hopefully it will still read the same. But still it makes me feel good
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Nov-17-08, 08:37

Plan: LC with CO
Stats: 479.6/475/299 Female 5' 8"
BF:
Progress: 3%

OMG! 2 hours?! 5 miles?!!!! Dang girl - you got it going on.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Nov-17-08, 21:31
Registered Member

BF:

I didn't work out on Saturday. Instead I stayed home and layed in my bed and watched the Gator Game!! GO GATORS!!

BUT, it wasn't a complete bum of a day. I did end up going out that night to City Walk with some friends and we danced for a couple hours. I count that as some form of exercise. I also didn't drink at all b/c I didn't really feel like it and I just can't justify that against all my hard work. Plus there really isn't anything I could drink b/c it seems that most people go with Diet and rum or some sort and I dont drink Soda so that leaves me with really no good options.

Sunday I had good intentions to go to the gym, but it was really nice out which doesn't happen to often in Florida. So, I decided to sit on my back porch and read the paper, which inturn made me really tired, so I took a nap instead.

Today though I did head to the gym after work:

I ran 3.1 miles on the tredmill at 6.2 for the first 1.5 miles, then 6.5 for the next mile, 6.7 for next .25 and 7.0 the last .6 of it. Then did the cool down which is 5 minutes of decreasing speed each minute. Which rounded it off at 3.5 miles for the day.

From there I did crunches on the mat and some stretches. I was going to do some weights downstairs. But I decided against it and headed home.

Good news though when I weighed tonight the scale was still down. I usually have the official weigh-in on wednesday morning so we'll see what it says then.
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Nov-18-08, 20:53
Registered Member

BF:

Tuesday 11-18-08:

Did 3.5 miles on the tread mill
- ran 1.0
- walked 0.25
- ran 0.75
- walked 0.30
- ran 0.90
- with the 5 min. cooldown at decreasing speed for 0.30

From there I went and did my 500 crunches and that all took about 50 minutes.

Would have stayed longer but I had to get to my volleyball game by 7:30. Played our three games out in an hour. It was freezing, but we managed anyway!!

Don't know how many calories. I have this watch that you enter all your info into and it monitors you heart rate and keeps track of your workout time and calories burned. But for some reason it's not working right this week. Think it might need a new battery. Oh well I'll have to get that checked . . .

Headed to go pack for a trip to NC this weekend . . . Not sure if this Florida girl is ready for those cold temps!!!
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Nov-20-08, 15:38
Registered Member

BF:

Wed 11-19-08:

Decided to do weights first b/c I heard somewhere that you burn more if you do it this way. Plus it's harder to convince myself to do them after doing cardio. Did the usual three arms and three legs. All at 3 sets of 15 reps increasing the weight each time.

Only did 2.5 miles on the tredmil b/c I was on limited time was meeting a friend for dinner at 7. Didn't run the whole thing. Ran the first mile, walked .25, ran .50, walked .25, and ran the last half mile. Worked out good b/c it gave my legs a bit of a break from my usual running.

Leaving thurs afternoon for NC. But I plan to still find time to work out while I'm gone . . .
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Nov-21-08, 23:18
Registered Member

BF:

Thur 11-20-08:

So today wasn't a total lack of physical activity, but gym wise, I didn't make it to the gym. I planned to leave work at 1:00 and then was going to go to a friend's house for lunch before meeting the fam to pack and leave. Then I thought that if I left that early, maybe I could sueeze in some time at the gym before heading out.

What actually happend was that I didn't get to leave work till almost 2 and then went over to friend's house for lunch. Which was actually a pumpkin-chili from the recipe section on this page and it was really good!! Ended up staying there until it was time to leave. So no gym today

Friday 11-21-08:

Got to the hotel in North Carolina today around 1. Layed around for a few hours and then decided to go check out the "fitness room." By fitness room there is 1 bike, 1 tredmill, and 1 elliptical, period. So I jumped on the tredmil and was going to do 3 miles, but felt like I needed to make up for yesterday. So I doubled everything:

7 miles- running and walking
1000- crunches and some stretches.

And the good people of Holiday Inn took into consideration the freezing temps up here and put in an indoor pool. So after all that I did 50 laps in the pool and then enjoyed the hot tub for 15 min.

All that took about 2 hours-
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Nov-28-08, 09:58
Registered Member

BF:

So I didn't get a chance to work out again while I was gone, there was alot going on Sat w/ the family and on Sunday we went to visit my Aunt and Uncle at their house and then headed home. So with spending 10 hours+ in the car driving back to Orlando, there wasn't alot of time for physical activity.

On Monday 11/24- I was so tired that I didn't get up till about 11 am. Had some Jamaican chicken for lunch and then went shopping at the outlets.

Tuesday 11/25- I had my last volleyball game of this season. So we played for an hour.

Wednesday 11/26- We left right after work to head to Tallahassee to my brother's house for Thanksgiving. We didn't get in till arond 11 pm so didn't get a chance to get in any walking.

Thursday 11/27- Happy Thanksgiving!! It was extremely beautiful and perfect weather in Tallahassee, so I decided to go for a run/walk outside. This turned into a 2 hours adventure. I even stopped in this little park along the way to get in some stretching and crunches. Not sure what the actual distance was but I'm guessing it'd have to be around 5-6 miles. Plus with that I didn't feel so bad eating so much Turkey at dinner.

Friday 11/28- Got up this morning around 9 and went for a walk with my mom. We walked for about an hour. Probably did about 4 miles. it was a little chilly out but still nice.

Last edited by kat8219 : Fri, Nov-28-08 at 10:05.
  #8   ^
Old Sat, Nov-29-08, 12:40

Plan: IF
Stats: 219.3/174.8/147 Female 158cm (5ft 2in)
BF:Too much!
Progress: 62%

Hi Kat8219,

Great to read your workouts, you are doing great. It's making me want to get my butt back to the gym and feel the benefits like you have been!

I hope you don't mind me asking, what time roughly do you go to the gym? and do you have your dinner before or after your workout?

It also sounds as though since working out you are seeing the scales move downwards?

It's nice to see someone doing their workouts, and enjoying it too. Makes me want to get back to my gym and get started, which I am finding really hard to do at the moment.

I too also do my resistance (weights) before any cardio (interval training). I follow a certain plan and it insists you do any weights before cardio because if you do it the other way round it can actually cause a negative effect on your routine. Must be correct, because it worked for me last time!
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Dec-01-08, 22:20
Registered Member

BF:

Hey Kay2008!!

Thanks for stopping by- You definitely should get back to the gym, I know it's really hard when you get out of it for awhile. I've been there took a couple month hiatus over the summer where I just couldn't get myself motivated to go. But I finally decided I wasn't doing myself any good sitting at home. I've heard it takes 21 days to break a habit. So you just gotta stick it out and soon enough the gym becomes you habit and it's hard to break.

I usually go straight from work. If I don't do it that way I get easily distracted and most likely won't go. So usually between 5 and 5:30. I also have a couple friends who go at the same time so they keep me in check if I'm not there by 5:45 pm. So that definitely helps too.

The scale definitely has moved but not just from working out, from eating right too. I find if you don't do both your just maintaining really.

Good Luck to you!
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Dec-01-08, 22:43
Registered Member

BF:

couldn't sleep last night, so I found myself away at 5 am this morning. So I said what the heck, I get myself dressed and head to the gym. Got there about 5:30 am. Didn't go t to my normal gym since it's farther from house. It's very calm at they gym in the morning. I like it, an I like the feeling you have all day when you start your day there. But it is definitely not something I could continously do day in and day out.

I stated with the weights doing 3 arms and 3 legs alternating w/ increasing weight in 15 rep intervals.

Did my crunched on the ab bench.

Then did 3.1 miles on the tredmill. I think I pulled a muscle in my upper right leg. It was hurting real bad this morning and I could feel it all day. Think I'm gonna have to take it easy on the running for a while. Not particularly ideal, but I think I'm just making it worse.

Maybe I'll give it a rest tomorrow and see how it feels on Wednesday.
  #11   ^
Old Tue, Dec-09-08, 20:02
Registered Member

BF:

Tues 12-2:

Didn't make it to the gym- had to make a trip to the airport to pick up a friend and them went to dinner.

Wed 12-3:

Walked mainly for 30 min. Ran maybe 5 min of it divided up. Then did the bike for 20 min, which was killer!!

Thur 12-4:

Did 3.1 on the tredmil mixing walking and running. Crunches and stretches. Then 15 min on the tredmil again, I never thought the bike was such a work-out!! I definitely thought wrong, lol.

Didn't go to the gym over the weekend at all. Did go out one night and did some dancing, although that also entailed some drinking so it probably just zero'd itself out, but had fun!!
  #12   ^
Old Tue, Dec-09-08, 20:07
Registered Member

BF:

Monday 12-8:

I did not want anything to do with the gym today, but I made myself go and did 3.5 miles while thinking the whole time with everystep how much I would rather be anywhere but on that tredmil!!! Glad I did though I would have felt bad if I had just gone home and not done anthing. Did my crunches and called it a day-

Tues 12-9:

Alternated running and walking for 50 min on the tredmil. Did 4.5 miles.

600 crunches and stretched on this machine they have to help you stretch.

headed downstairs and did three arm and three leg weights. Three sets of 15 reps with increasing weight on each one.

Finished it off with a half mile jog to round out the day at 5 miles total.

When I got home my weight was down to 178!! and at the end of the day, too. Pretty surprising since I drank alot of water today so I fully expected it to be up a few pounds because of that!! So hopefully it stays that way- guess we'll see if a day or two
  #13   ^
Old Tue, Dec-16-08, 10:52

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 385/285/235 Male 72 Inches
BF:
Progress: 67%

We need some updates here.. I know u've been to the gym since the 9th

Fill us in already
  #14   ^
Old Wed, Dec-17-08, 12:50
Registered Member

BF:

Hahaha!! You don't need updates, but for everyone else I will finally update this log

Wed 12-10:
Did weights Leg press, which is by far my favorite leg machine, plus two more legs and three arms as usual.

ran and walked on the tredmil for 5 miles.
Finished up with crunches as usual.

Thur 12-11
Skipped the gym b/c I had to meet up with some friends to go to a taping of Wheel of Fortune they were doing at Sea World in Orlando.

Fri 12-12
No gym, instead met up with my Grandparents for dinner, then met up with a friend to take some out-of-towners out for the night.

Sat 12-13
Played this game called Wallyball for about an hour. It's pretty much volleyball but on a racketball court so there is no out of bounds. You play off the ceilings and walls and it gets kinda crazy. Pretty fun though.
  #15   ^
Old Wed, Dec-17-08, 12:54
Registered Member

BF:

No gym on Sunday!!

Mon 12-15
Did about half hour of weights. Same as always alternating arms and legs and increasing the weight. Did do this new one that's a back curl, I think that's what it's called. It works you back and you butt. This is good b/c I've been told I have no butt so we'll see if this helps!! LOL

Did 3.5 miles on the tredmil and called it a day.

Tues 12-16
Was pressed for time today. Almost decided not to go to the gym b/c I left my clothes at home, but someone was nice enough to bring them to me at work!!
Had just enough time to do 2.5 miles on the tredmil. Alternated running and walking. Probably ran about 3/4 of it. Then had to jet home to shower and clean up to meet some friends for a holiday dinner!!!