Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Studies & Research / Media Watch > LC Research/Media
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #13   ^
Old Wed, May-15-24, 01:37
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by WereBear
I tend to delay actual breakfast for coffee with heavy cream and coconut oil, surfing the awake/keto brain into mid-morning.

There's definite mental benefits.

Same. For years, on a work day, I delay my lunch until almost the end of my shift. I've always gotten sleepy and lose my focus after a meal, no matter what the meal is. I joke to my coworkers that I don't take my lunch until the work I have left is easy, and I can afford to be sleepy and dumb.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRB5111
After following and staying in daily periodic ketosis for years from the evenings to around mid-day the following day, I feel being adaptable between the two energy sources, fat and glucose, has served me well. I've been able to increase protein and lower (not eliminate) my fat consumption without getting out of daily fat burning mode. Improved mental health can now be added to the keto quiver, as it's a major benefit of improved metabolic health with Drs. Ede and Palmer among others using it successfully in a clinical setting for anxiety and forms of depression.

Also same. I just know that the more I lean toward the carb end (sweet potato at dinner, etc) there are consequences.