Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Studies & Research / Media Watch > LC Research/Media
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Fri, May-24-24, 03:12

Plan: Carnivore & LowOx
Stats: 220/130/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 129%

Quote:
Originally Posted by cotonpal
I have come to realize that the way I was eating when I started all this, low carb paleo as I call it, is still the best way for me to eat. All that I have really added to it is prioritizing protein and figuring out the specific foods to which I am sensitive and then eliminating them.

I have done similarly.

This reminds me of a long ago discussion about Nutri-System, which was dehydrated everything, shipped to your door. While I'm sure the tuna casserole can handle it, I'm not at all sure about the burger. But it is a way to not think about what we are eating, and reach for an external control, to MAKE US do what we are supposed to.

Which doesn't really work, either. MAKE ME wears out too fast.

But, for those who don't want to make their own decisions, it can function as a kind of "nanny" where they are going to be told what to do about it? But not learning anything, either.

I think that is how it would go for most. From not "feeling qualified" to trying to live exactly as we did as a child, even the best information can bounce right off, so it's not our responsibility any more.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Fri, May-24-24, 12:15

Plan: Very LC, Higher Protein
Stats: 227/186/185 Male 6' 0"
BF:
Progress: 98%

I believe that a CGM alone with its simple phone app could help one who desires to improve her/his WOE today to benefit and learn from that type of device. As mentioned, it would be informative to enable one to better identify those foods that support improved health for a period of a few months. Its greatest potential in today’s world would be to enable one to identify healthy foods. Many of us have had to rely on other knowledge and N=1 experiences over the past many years. This may be a way to acquire a better way to identify those foods that are healthy in a shorter period of time.

I know several who are not diabetic who have expressed a desire to try a CGM for a period of time to better understand what works best. I think this is the most useful, cost-effective way to use these devices if the costs are reasonable when these devices become generally available. The companies offering SW enhanced services make me suspicious as to their value and degree of utility.