Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Vegetarian Low Carbers
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Oct-01-04, 15:28

Plan: Atkins (Vegetarian)
Stats: 150/138/117 Female 4'10"
BF:Pregnant. Weight L
Progress: 36%
Post Food Review: Low Carb Veggie Noodle Soup!

Simply Asia's Soy Noodle Soup Bowl
http://p2.hostingprod.com/~thaikitc...ynoodlesoupbowl.

Now here's a low carb, vegetarian noodle soup that I found at Trader Joe's Market yesterday. As I'm writing to you, I'm eating and enjoying the Szechwan Garlic version with 7.5 net carbs. This soup comes in a little, styrofoam bowl. All you have to do is boil some water, and add it to the bowl, along with the flavor packet and the packet of dried spring onions, then wait 5 minutes for the noodles to reconstitute. The noodles are actually slivered strips of dried tofu-- and they've got a kind of meaty, chewy texture to them. But hearty eaters be warned: this product won't take the place of a full lunch. It's more a first course, or a snack sized dish, and it's a great choice if you're simply in the mood for some soup. I'll definitely purchase this product again-- especially during cold and flu season. There's nothing like a spicy bowl of soup to give you a little bit of a health boost in the winter. I used to use chili-spiced noodle soups to clear up nasal stuffiness during my high carb days. Now, I'll be enjoying tofu noodle soup instead.

Faith
Sponsored Links