Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Tips and Stalls
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, May-08-03, 19:23

Plan: atkins
Stats: 180/180/140 Female 5.5
BF:Si, mucho!
Progress: 0%
Default first week 7 pounds/ second week zip?

Does anybody have any idea what happened to me. First week I lost 7 pounds then nothing at all this week. Well actually I gained 2 pounds back?

1 or 2 Eggs and 1 or 2 sausage or breakfast in am.

Salad and tuna or some type of meat product for lunch with a little ranch dressing

Chicken or steak or hamburger or shrimp either baked plan or pan fried with garlic and butter and a salad or vegie.

And I snack on Pig skins a little during the day..

And I have had sugar free jello with sweet and low added and some of the whipping cream with sweet and low added and I drink coffee in the morning and then decaf during the day and a diet sprite most days?

Does anyone have any ideas.

Should I move on or stay on the Induction. Saturday is day 14.

I started at 155 and I am now holding at 149. My goal is 130.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, May-08-03, 20:02

Stats: 212/186/145 Female 5 foot 5 in.
BF:?????????
Progress: 39%

Your loss is great! I was stuck for a bit too and when I stepped on the scale on day 14 I had reached my goal. There are a few things I noticed in your post. The first is don't weigh your self every day. I did that and drove my self nuts. The second is I would stop drinking soda all together and stick to water and lots of it. Maybe some extra physical activity would help as well!

I am in your same boat and I have decided another two weeks of induction will do me good.

Please don't think I am lecturing. I have been where your at (just a few days ago) maybe this will help.

Your doing great though!! Keep it up.
Sarah
  #3   ^
Old Thu, May-08-03, 20:02
Starting Over!

Plan: Protein Power LifePlan
Stats: 182/178/150 Female 67 inches
BF:Jiggley mess
Progress: 13%

It sounds like you are progressing quite normally. The weight you lose during induction is mostly water weight and a little fat. You only have 25 pounds to lose and losing 10% of that during induction is normal...that would be 2-1/2 pounds....so you're way ahead of the curve. It's also quite normal for a person to stall out right after induction for a week or two and then resume losing...don't freak out if this happens to you, just stay with your plan, ok?

You would probably benefit by moving on to OWL if you increase your carbs with another serving of vegetables. It seems that the more variety we can get in good, fresh vegetables, the easier the weight comes off. So keep that in mind as you increase your carbs.

Also, be aware that diet sodas, artificial sweeteners, coffee, etc. have a small amount of carbs...and they do add up quickly. Be diligent about counting everything that you ingest, OK?

Have you discovered www.fitday.com ? It's a great tool for keeping track, if you're so inclined.
  #4   ^
Old Sat, May-10-03, 11:48

Stats: 180/180/140 Female 5.5
BF:Si, mucho!
Progress: 0%

Thank You, Menaz and Teridoodle. Your encouragement helped... I was thinking about getting off the LC diet and going back to the starvation diet. The disappointments are what get me back on the carbs and sugars. I thought maybe this was the wrong life stategy for me since I stopped so quickly. So thank you again.. I will keep plugging away and will keep you posted.