Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, May-28-03, 16:56

Plan: CAD
Stats: 177/164/160 Female 5'6"
BF:34.3/
Progress: 76%
Default Yum, try this recipe

Stuffed Mushroms

1lb sausage 1tsp Minced garlic
16 lg mushrooms 1 cup shredded cheese
(mozzerella is best)

Brown sausage and drain. Pulse meat in food processor. Wipe mushrooms clean and remove stems and dice stems (put stems asside for later). Place mushroom caps in a shallow baking pan sprayed with cooking spray. Mix together sausage, stems, garlic and cheese. Stuff caps pressing firmly, being careful not to split caps. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese if desired. Bake at 350 for 18-20 min. Let sit for 5 min. before serving.

These are really great, I make a few mushrooms at a time. I use extra stuffing mix to toss in omelets. I use the low fat sausage.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, May-28-03, 18:19

Plan: Carbohydrate Addicts Diet
Stats: 227/224/150
BF:37%
Progress: 4%
Smile CAD

So glad to see that others are following CAD, as well. I am having a problem with having an aversion to regular food. I am not really having a problem with cravings, but nothing sounds good, very little tastes good. Last time I went on CAD I spent a LOT of time cooking and baking - I get a little crazy with things. I want to be more reasonable this time around, but nothing sounds good. Have you ever had this problem?
  #3   ^
Old Wed, May-28-03, 19:33

Plan: south beach (CAD)
Stats: 314/284/150 Female 5 ft 4 in
BF:49
Progress: 18%

There are a lot of us cadders around. I know what you mean about not feeling like anything is tempting. This happens occasionally, especially if I eat only meats, which I sometimes do for cms. Remember you can skip any cm if you don't feel like eating-just don;t skip the rm!!
  #4   ^
Old Fri, May-30-03, 19:22

Plan: General low carb
Stats: 257/239/220 Female 5ft. 7 1/2in.
BF:
Progress: 49%
Default MORNINGSUN

HI--MY DAUGHTER DOES SOMETHING SIMILAR BUT INSTEAD OF SAUSAGE SHE USES SHRIMP OR CRAB MEAT AND CHOPPED WALNUTS. THAT IS YUMMY TOO. HAPPY EATING-ALEKA
  #5   ^
Old Sat, May-31-03, 10:21

Plan: CAD (Basically)
Stats: 175/154.5/140 Female 5'3"
BF:lot/less/little
Progress: 59%
Default yum

Hey those mushrooms sound great. I'll have to get the ingredients and try it. The only problem with something that yummy is not eating an entire batch myself!!!

Teddybear: Yes, boredom is just a natural part of any eating plan, I think. Don't eat if you're really not hungry is great advice and may be the culprit to nothing looking enticing. As Carb Addicts, the idea of not being hungry is so foreign to us we don't know how to respond.

Also, look over the allowable foods lists again to see if there is anything in there you haven't included regularly and then add it to your next shopping trip. Variety is important in anything we do to keep it interesting and doable.

Good luck to you!!!

Jeannie
  #6   ^
Old Sat, May-31-03, 10:27

BF:
Wink Jeannie F.

I know what you mean about wanting to eat the whole batch. I feel the same way when my daughter makes them. Luckily--There are six of us to share them-----DARN!!! Ha--have a good Day. Diet one day at a time and God Bless!!!!! Aleka
  #7   ^
Old Sat, May-31-03, 19:47

Plan: Carbohydrate Addicts Diet
Stats: 227/224/150
BF:37%
Progress: 4%
Default veggies

That's good advice. I realized for one thing that I'm not really letting myself get good and hungry - too much eating by the clock, and I have too much acid in my diet if I drink coffee, which makes me have this vaguely nauseated feeling. Then veggies taste awful. What I have done today is I had no coffee (which is really okay because I put a ton of creamer in it), I drank much more water, and bought the veggies I do like - cauliflower, broccoli, summer squash, that I like if I put lots of real butter, or in the case of summer squash, sour cream. I also got cucumbers to make cucumber salad with sour cream. I was able to eat the cauliflower first at dinner, my reward meal, then the protein, then the carbs, and my body felt pretty good after that. I'm going to keep on trying.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Last edited by teddybear5 : Sat, May-31-03 at 19:49.
  #8   ^
Old Sat, May-31-03, 20:02

BF:
Smile teddybear5

Sounds good to me-- My daughter is on cad and she makes dinner her reward meal. She really downs the food then but she has also taken up exercising--does light weights and her job keeps her on her feet all day at work. She is doing really well with the combination and only has a few more pounds to reach her goal. I'm really proud of her. I am on Atkins but she and I share alot of recipes and suggestions. Have a good night. God Bless--Aleka