Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > South Beach Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Mar-04-04, 22:01

Plan: south beach
Stats: 138/130/120 Female 5 6
BF:
Progress: 44%
Default small break & back on the beach!

I took a little break from sb because i wanted to end a stall. I went on atkins for two weeks and followed it very close and didn't lose a pound. Some one told me that i wasn't eating enough fat and that could be why I wasn't losing. It's not the diet for me. I've done atkins twice and haven't lost. I've done well on sb so I'm back! I took a two day break and ate some wonderful things like pizza and ice cream, sooooooo good. I gained weight but I'm not too worried about it. I don't get on the scale anymore because that's what use to make me all upset. I hope this broke my stall and I can get down to a heathy weight. Has anyone else had bad luck on atkins? And should this break my stall? Let me know
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Mar-05-04, 08:00

Plan: Slim in 6
Stats: 232/????/162 Female 5'7"
BF:too much :-)
Progress: 74%

Hi Janette,

Welcome back to the beach! I am one who ,IMHO ,feel that a change can mix things up a bit.I hope it worked for you.

I wonder,too,why you did not lose on Atkins.I lost my first 68 lbs. on it but I think most do stall on it eiter because they need a change from it or need to re-look at calories.The most important thing is to make a plan work for you even if it means moderating it.YMMV as everyone reacts different to different foods.As for me,I think too much wheat and milk bloats me.

I wish you luck on this WOE and I feel if you give it a while it will all work out.

Linda
PS.Maybe if you post the foods you eat someone could help you to see what might stall you...ex. SF products,sweeteners in excess,etc. Just a thought!
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Mar-05-04, 20:38

Plan: south beach
Stats: 138/130/120 Female 5 6
BF:
Progress: 44%

I'm pretty sure my stalls stem from low carb candy (wish it wasn't true) too much cheese, and peanuts...no fun. I just love the all of those so much it's hard to stay away. I lean up the most when I stay on a no processed food diet. As for atkins i'm really not sure why it doesn't work for me. I did it once before when i was about 145lbs and the scale didn't move. I was in ketosis and was eating about 1000 calories a day. It made me crazy and i told myself never again but i did it one more time. I don't know if too much fat just doesn't work for me or what. Drives me crazy because i hear all the people who it works so well for...oh well. I do think that those atkins shakes are a staller. I was drinking them sometimes and that could have stopped the weight loss. Well, thanks for your input and congrats on the weight loss!! Janette
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Mar-06-04, 16:50

Plan: South beach (modified)
Stats: 185/153/150 Female 5' 6.5''
BF:
Progress: 91%

Janette, check the oil of oregano thread in nutrition and and supplements - it is a very long thread with Brickie? or so as starter, and that stuff seemed to work for many. I got out of a 1 month stall finally by 2 things, and now I don't know which one or if all 2 work (back to nearly phase 1, meaning practically eliminate alcohol, no whole grain carbs, no sugar alcohols - really nearly a low fat Atkins diet - and Oil of oregano). I am against additives - it is one of the things I don't like about Atkins that at least its website claims you have to take their special additives - but oil of oregano sounded innocent enough for me. Read the thread though, and check prices and amounts. I have found 460 mg capsules and 60 mg drops both for the same price! I decided on 120 mg cheaper than either.