Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Products
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Aug-19-01, 13:23
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%
Default Sisu Body Elite Whey Protein

I have before me a container of Sisu Body Elite Whey Protein Isolate Powder. What appealed to me was small size the small packaging size—500 grams—and that it has no sweeteners or flavouring. With a neutral base, you can jazz it up any way you want. I know that some people use it in things like pancakes, so it would be ideal.

Per 30 gram serving, there is:

114 calories
Protein: 26.4 gr
Fat: .3 gr
Carbohydrates: 1.5 gr

I haven’t made it into a drink yet but have tasted it dry. It tastes pleasantly like milk powder.

It says on the label that the formula was designed by Cory Holly. Hmm, Cory who? So I did a bit of searching and found a good sound bite from the mouth of Mr. Holly on what he hopes to see as a trend.

“TV commercials and billboards which advertise junk food will be banned for the same reasons tobacco advertising was banned. Science will prove the connection between the proliferation of cancer, heart disease, diabetes, autism, ADHD and obesity in the western world and the consumption of sucrose, fructose, white flour, homogenized milk, refined white salt, chlorinated water, margarine, processed oils and mass marketed breakfast cereals loaded with sugar, refined grains and chemicals. I can’t wait for the day when a chocolate bar wrapper or pizza box must display a health warning like a pack of cigarettes.”

Right on!

Karen
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Aug-19-01, 13:45
Forum Founder

Plan: LC, GF
Stats: 241/186/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 54%

Cory Holly ..... hey, haven't seen his name in a while .. .. He's a wholistic sports nutritionist, and has a column in Alive health foods magazine.

I must try the SISU. I've had Interactive unsw. unflavoured isolated whey before, and it was great, but my local health food stroe will only get it for me by special order AND it only comes in the 900g or 2kg size.

thanx Karen, I'll keep me eyes peeled for this.

Doreen
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Aug-19-01, 13:49
Forum Founder

Plan: Atkins/PP/BFL
Stats: 400/223/200 Male 5 ft 11
BF:37%/17%/12%
Progress: 89%

Karen,

Where did you get it from?

Wa'il
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Aug-19-01, 17:16

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 145?/131/125 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress:
Default I use it too

This is the Whey I found for the first time I made Wa'ils Bread....

I got another container the last time I was at the Natural Life Health Market in Thornhill during our Low Carb Ontario Day Dinner!!! I paid 25.99 for it. This is the only place I've been able to locate it this particular one...(you can order it and they will do mail orders). I actually did mention it online at the time I first found it, but that was months ago.

It's the lowest carb count whey protein isol that I've been able to find. I noticed they also carry chocolate and strawberry flavours.

I use it every time I make low carb bread....it's definitely great stuff.

Last edited by Sharon : Sun, Aug-19-01 at 17:24.
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Aug-20-01, 01:47
Forum Founder

BF:

I found it at Caper's on Robson Street.

Karen
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Aug-20-01, 09:22
Forum Founder

BF:

Quote:
I actually did mention it online at the time I first found it, but that was months ago.

We should repeat all of our posts every few months...

Karen
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Aug-20-01, 09:43
Forum Founder

Plan: LC, GF
Stats: 241/186/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 54%
Talking even better ..

.. we should be posting these finds to the Local Shopping web page .. so that everyone can find it quickly and easily.Doreen