Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Pre-Maintenance & Maintenance
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Jan-06-05, 16:38
WONJ#3

Plan: 12 steps
Stats: 238/210/145 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 30%
Default Anyone in Maintenance that has been fat all their lives?

I posted a poll because I wanted to see if anyone was fat as a child and basically has had this weight food struggle all their lives and finally made it to maintenance. The reason for that is I wanted to ask what changed? I mean aside from the food.

For those of us who may be like me, overweight the majority of my life with brief intervals of weight loss only to start that same abusive relationship over with food. What changed?

Many people lose weight low carbing and then put it back on or for some reason come close to goal but don't get there.

Growing up overweight, I know that I may be used to being an overweight person despite the pain that this causes me. I also use food to cope with many feelings. What do you do now that the food is not an option to cope with?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Jan-06-05, 16:50

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 169/132/132 Female 153 cm
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hey Ms

I have been overweight since I hit puberty, maybe around 9 years old. I think it was from eating alot at night. My mom and siblings and I used to watch TV and eat nuts, chips, fruit, candy, etc. in front of the tube. When my mom died when I was 15, I used to eat alot for comfort. Then I became much more inactive in University.

m, I guess I take baths or showers to relax. I sit in the sun (since we get about 42 hours in total here in Canada!). You know, my sister said that I should focus on the things in my life that bring me true joy (ie cottage dock, reading by the fire) and spend my time trying to reach those goals. So, when I am busy, I work harder so I can get home and curl up with a good book. I save my money so I can rent a car to drive to my cottage in the summer. BTW, it took me about two months of list-making to realize the things that make my truly happy.

Good luck with your battle!
Mary