Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Pre-Maintenance & Maintenance
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Tue, Dec-09-03, 16:34
Hello

Plan: Modified Ketogenic
Stats: 182/180/145 Female 5 feet 6 inches
BF:
Progress: 5%

The first things I added were the cheeses and nuts (and I definitely noticed that the nuts slowed me down a lot more than the cheese did!)
Now I have added in fruits such as strawberries, blueberries, and cantaloupe.
I also allow myself some prepared foods such as cream of chicken soup (I use it in recipes) which have "hidden" carbs.
I don't plan on adding any wheat products at all since I am allergic, but maybe a low-carb whole grain granola or low-carb bagel. I am scared to get that close to bread, but I may give it a try and see what happens.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Fri, Feb-06-04, 14:00

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 180/135/140 Female 5.3
BF:
Progress: 113%

Just bumping this up, for trusycat and others who wonder about howand when to add foods back in,

Kathy
  #18   ^
Old Sat, May-08-04, 22:17

BF:

O.K. bumping this up for a new maintainer.

Kathy
  #19   ^
Old Sun, May-09-04, 07:14

Plan: IF & Paleo
Stats: 270/254/150 Female 68 inches
BF:--- too much!
Progress: 13%

I am not maintaining yet, but I am close to goal. I've added back all fruits except for the tropicals, sweet potatoes and beans, and I still lose fairly well - 1 to 2 pounds per week, and sometimes 3.
  #20   ^
Old Mon, May-10-04, 09:33

BF:

Hey that is great Paris!! I love to hear others say that! Too many are scared to add fruits back in .

Kathy
  #21   ^
Old Sun, May-16-04, 15:06
Former Couch Potato

Stats: 209/195.5/165 Female 5' 8"
BF:Oh yeah!
Progress: 31%

I'm getting very close to goal and I'm terrified!

I introduced some foods back in early - nuts, yogurt, berries -- but still kept my carb levels pretty low, because I was satisfied with my food.

So, now I feel like my diet is varied enough, but I'm still at a pretty low carb level and can't really say I have accurately detemermined my CCL and ACE.

I'm trying now to do things right as I do not want to gain any weight back. I've been upping my carbs over the last couple of weeks with extra veggies, and a bit more fruit. I'm also eating carrots again. (Oooh, scary, I know! )

I tried adding in some low carb bread and stuff in the fall, but it brought back all my cravings. I seem to do a little better with just regular whole wheat bread or even sourdough (1 slice) but grains are also an issue for me with allergies (something I only learned through LCing).

I suspect I may want to continue to lose a little more after reaching goal, though losing body fat is my primary concern now. So maybe I'm not ready mentally to stop the weight loss. But I want to adjust to at least slowing it.

I'm not really asking a question, I guess. Just sharing my thoughts -- and fears.

I actually think that this part -- adjusting to being a skinny person and learning how to stay one -- is harder than losing.
  #22   ^
Old Mon, May-17-04, 06:49

Stats: 185/154/155 Male 71
BF:18%+/14%/12%
Progress: 103%

Congratulations, Kaillean! I can relate to the fears, but it seems many here have not had problems maintaining. I am continuing to add more variety and more carbs. This morning I was up 2 pounds and at my goal weight of 155. I think it may be due to muscle gain as I am working out.
  #23   ^
Old Mon, May-17-04, 10:47
Former Couch Potato

Stats: 209/195.5/165 Female 5' 8"
BF:Oh yeah!
Progress: 31%

Thanks Geo. I don't know why I am so worried. I have had a couple periods in the fall and over the holidays where I wasn't LC all the time, and did maintain. So I guess I should relax.

Good luck on the muscle building. I hope to follow suit!
  #24   ^
Old Tue, May-18-04, 10:38

BF:

You know I think everyone goes through that " what now" phase, I know I was afraid, I'd wake up one day and the weight would be back!! LOL

It's a matter of finding out what works, and being able to adjust, don't get all bent out of shape if you try introduce something and you go up a few pounds, just cut it back or out. There is no deadline, you have lots of time Just think of how fast the weeks pass........... so if you are up a few pounds for one week or so, no big deal, just get back to what you know works, then try again later.

For me after all these months maintaining, (9) I still know that anything with white sugar is absolutly my worst enemy. I'll go up 2-3 pounds and it will take 4-5 days top get it off. Not to say it's actually weight, could just be water too ??? But what ever, I have learnt for me, thats what will do it.

Just relax you will be fine

Kathy
  #25   ^
Old Wed, Nov-10-04, 23:59

BF:

Quote:
For me after all these months maintaining, (9) I still know that anything with white sugar is absolutly my worst enemy. I'll go up 2-3 pounds and it will take 4-5 days top get it off. Not to say it's actually weight, could just be water too ??? But what ever, I have learnt for me, thats what will do it.

Well it is now 15 months and that quote still stands

Kathy