Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > South Beach Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Tue, Mar-01-05, 21:26

Plan: CAD
Stats: 148/127.5/124 Female 5ft
BF:28%/25%/20
Progress: 85%

LOL Karen!
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Sat, Mar-05-05, 09:19

Plan: Low carb/low fat
Stats: 234/209/150 Female 5ft.4in.
BF:43%
Progress: 30%

Hi there! I've been struggling with Atkins for sometime so a friend of mine wants me to do the SBD with her. She says it's not as restrictive as Atkins. I lost 25 lbs. ONCE doing Atkins and have not been able to do it since. So can someone please tell me how SB is more lenient than Atkins.
Today is my birthday and my family's taking me out to dinner and I KNOW I'm not going to LC today. But I want to start afresh on tomorrow.
Any info will be great! I'm also reading other places thank you.
  #18   ^
Old Mon, Mar-07-05, 09:25

Plan: atkins
Stats: 184/170/150 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 41%

Hi all, I switched last week after finding out that my cholesterol was "through the roof" and that I would need to go on meds if I couldn't get it down in 6 months (not something a 24 year old woman wants to hear). My dad has high cholesterol, so I guess it runs in my family, and I don't know what my levels were like before my approx. 9 month trial of Atkins, but I figure that if any diet sounds like it will really improve my blood profile it will be SB and not Atkins. My Doctor, who is not against Atkins and understands that it claims to be ok for cholesterol, says that in her experience, all of the staurated fatty foods allowable on Atkins will often not help a person who is trying to lower their cholesterol - makes sense, no? I had lost about 15 lbs total on Atkins, give or take, but most of that was, of course, during induction and my weightloss slowed to a crawl after that. So hopefully I am embarking on a new way of eating that will help me shed some more pounds AND will help to ensure the long term health of my heart. Cutting out all the yummy fatty stuff has been kind of a drag, but I must say that a handful of cashews and as much Crystal Light as I want helped me get over this pretty quick. :-)
  #19   ^
Old Mon, Mar-07-05, 09:35
Attitude is a Choice

Plan: No sugar, flour, wheat
Stats: 228.4/209.0/170 Female 5'6"
BF:stl/too/mch
Progress: 33%

Best of luck to you Lorisa!!

You may want to consider starting a journal here...I use mine to log all my food each day.....many others use it as a social network If you log all your food, we can check on you to see how you are doing

A couple of years ago, I lowered my cholesterol over 50 pts(233 to 175) just by eating old fashioned oatmeal each day for breakfast. while I would not eat oatmeal each day now, you may want to consider it part of your meal plan when you are in phase II.
  #20   ^
Old Fri, Mar-11-05, 20:59

Plan: Atkins now SB (trying)
Stats: 173/145.5/125 Female 5'2 (Still) lol
BF:
Progress: 57%

OK...I have been on Atkins since Feb 6th last year. Was 173 went down to 142.5 and now I'm 149....have been stalled since about Sept - I haven't lost anything. I keep losing the same 4-5 lbs over and over again!!!!! grrrrrr

So...I'm going to start South Beach on Monday. I have a thin booklet I picked up at the grocery store and I get the "gist" of how its done.....and I'll pick the actual book up tomorrow. When you think about it....SBD seems more flexible then Atkins....but the same in respect to STAY AWAY FROM BAD CARBS!!!

I'm excited about trying it out! It will be such a kick to se the scale move again! & YES... I'm a scale-a-holic!!!! LOL