Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Paleolithic & Neanderthin
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Jun-13-11, 09:49

Plan: Primal
Stats: 132/125/120 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 58%
Default Just saying hello!

Hi all! I just wanted to introduce myself and get familiar with the boards here. I am 30, a mommy of two (4 and 2 year olds) and a runner for coming up on two years now. I am a carb junkie and despite my running and marathon training I have carried an extra 10-15 lbs and have been unable to lose it, no doubt due to diet. I also had gestational diabetes with my pregnancies and have been warned I am high risk for developing Type 2. Anyways last week I finally decided I'd had enough. I joined up with South Beach... but after learning some about that I decided it was not the healthful choice... it still allows for grains, etc. and those are not a good idea for me. My husband also has Celiacs so we need to run a gluten-free house anyway. After much research and the advice and council of good friends who live the Primal lifestyle, I have decided this is the best route for our health. After a week I feel fantastic and surprisingly have lost 7 lbs since Wednesday... no doubt a lot of water weight in there, but hey, I'll take it.

Anyways that's my story. Best of luck to you all, and I would LOVE to hear tips or stories from those of you who have been at it awhile or may have valuable information for a newbie like me.

Thank you!
Tangie

Last edited by TangieK : Mon, Jun-13-11 at 09:57.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Jun-13-11, 09:57

Plan: LC
Stats: 157/155/135 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 9%

Hi TanieK,

I'm not entirely paleo but I can relate to the 10-15 extra lbs. That's is excellent you've lost 7 already. Water or not who needs it.