Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Jun-23-04, 07:30
Anyone?? Bueller?

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 140/135/125 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 33%
Default Wednesday 6/23 CAD/CALP thread

Morning CADders! Happy Wednesday!

Last night's RM was a bit.. er.. I mean, totally unbalanced, but oh well.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Jun-23-04, 07:33

Plan: IF & Paleo
Stats: 270/254/150 Female 68 inches
BF:--- too much!
Progress: 13%

Good morning & happy Wednesday, CADers!

This is day 3 on CAD for me and I am doing well. I ate out last evening for my reward meal and balanced with well with dessert, protein and low-carb veggies. However, I was 100% sure that I would not lose anything this morning, and I was wrong! Down another pound and a half! This is easily as much as I lost in my first week on any other plan but without the anxiety/hunger factor. I'll take an order of CAD with a side salad, please!

Becki - it's all good! The occasional unbalanced RM happens... like to me... tonight....

Have an ab fab day, folks! Paris
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Jun-23-04, 07:42
PuertoRican Princess

Stats: 299/236/135 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 38%

I went over on my RM the first day too.

I'm off it now and doing Induction but I'll be back to it when I've lost these extra pounds I thought I had shed.

Cheers!
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Jun-23-04, 07:51

Plan: CAD from day 1
Stats: 327/304/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 14%
Default Howdy,

Last night I pre-planned my reward meal and stuck to the plan. It still wasn't perfectly balanced.. but at least I didn't do the nibbling that I have been often doing at the end of my dinners. I will do that again tonight, but not till after my trip to the grocery store

Otherwise, feeling good today, in spite of lots of co-workers calling in sick and leaving just two of us to pick up the pieces. We can handle it!

Have a good day, all.
Tracy
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Jun-23-04, 07:55

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 162/153/145 Female 5 feet, 6 inches
BF:
Progress: 53%

I'm doing well this am, still waking up. Paris, you should know, most restaurants will give you steamed or sauteed veggies instead of a potato, if you just ask nicely - although it sounds like you did fabulously last night!
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Jun-23-04, 08:29

Stats: 180/179.8/130 Female 5'4.75"
BF:
Progress: 0%

Well talk about unbalanced. I got home after work yesterday and my fiance was not home so I was to wait for him before I made supper. I had to eat so I had pickles and cheese as a snack. He didn't get home till 7:30 and we go for walks at 8:00 on Tuesdays, so after hour 1.5 hour walk we went to the grocery store to pick up some veggies. I got home around 11:00 and had 1 scoop of ice cream then went to bed.

Hope today is better for me! Have a great day everyone.

Congrats Paris!
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Jun-23-04, 14:23
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

HI-
I'm having people over for dinner, unusual on a weeknight, but so it goes. I know they are on Atkins, which they told me no bread/grains/starch. So, I'm making salmon with butter and garlic; a HUGE salad with just lettuce and peppers; string beans, cauliflower, zuchini; and mangos with cheese and crackers for dessert. I'll get my carbs in mango and crackers. Tomorrow- out to eat!
E
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Jun-23-04, 15:02

Plan: CALP vegetarian plus fish
Stats: 140/138/132 Female 66 inches
BF:26%/25%/20%
Progress: 25%

Hi you all--I haven't posted in about a week, I've been preoccupied, but I've stuck to the diet (more or less) and I've been going to the gym 4 times a week. Nowadays I don't crave carbs at all in the afternoon and night. (Lunch is my RM.) I seem to have got afternoons and nights squared away really well. All I want after 2 pm is a big spinach salad and a Morningstar Farms "meat" patty and a couple of eggs. Breakfast however is still tricky for me. I've always eaten big breakfasts. Any of you have tricky breakfasts too? If it wasn't for breakfast I'd have this thing really licked!

Glad to see you're doing well. I'm satisfied with what I'm doing so far. (I've lost another pound since last week.) Since I've started this CALP program + gym, I've felt healthier than I have in a long time. All that spinach and cabbage I've been eating every day is a big part of it--I hadn't been eating near enough vegetables, and I can just tell a huge difference in the way I feel when I eat all these vegetables. I like CALP's focus on balanced healthy eating in general without all the counting.
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Jun-23-04, 18:15
Recovering Yo-Yo

Plan: What's best for me
Stats: 291.6/147/164 Female 5'8"
BF:A work in progress
Progress: 113%

Happy Wednesday all ~ better late than never right?

Ok...the afternoon hungries are taking over my bod...I'm just waiting to pull the chicken off the BBQ...

Check back in a bit.