Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Jun-07-04, 09:28

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 180/179.8/130 Female 5'4.75"
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default CAD/CALP Support Monday, 6/7

Hello Everyone,

Just thought I would pop in and get the Monday thread started. I don't have much to say here, I had too much salt yesterday and am bloated today. Hope everyone is enjoying their Monday.

Oh yeah I got my cholesterol checked today and I will be posting last years and this years results in my journal this afternoon if anyone is interested.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Jun-07-04, 10:01

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 162/153/145 Female 5 feet, 6 inches
BF:
Progress: 53%

son of a !!!! we have a journal??

this place just has so many TOYS!!! love it!

My thought for the day: I love coming here and seeing my name, with my weight slowly slowly decreasing. I've been back on this WOE for about a week now, already down two pounds. My goal is entirely w/in reach, it really is realistic. I'd kinda like to get to 155, before the "stall" kicks in. That should be do-able, too.

I have my cholesterol before and after - when I first started, the total dropped dramaticaly (around 215, down to around 175), then (following year) went back up to around 200 - entirely due to an increase in the HDL (49 to 75). All in all, pretty good! Oh, and the triglycerides went down and stayed down.

*have a great day, everyone!*
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Jun-07-04, 10:09

BF:

vicki, here's a link on how to start a journal. http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=160916

When you get up to 25 post (2 more) you will then also have PMing (private messaging) capapbilities.

EDIT: Here's another good link:

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=95688

Last edited by adukart : Mon, Jun-07-04 at 10:17.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Jun-07-04, 13:27
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

Hello!
Another Monday, and all is well. Wedding food disappointing, and I skipped the cake after people at my table told me it wasn't too good. As it was way past my 60 minutes it was easy to resist.
Fried chicken,mushrooms, spinach and salad for dinner. I might make a big fruit salad too.
E
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Jun-07-04, 13:46

Stats: 188/180/160 Female 5' 4''
BF:Next Mini Goal:175
Progress: 29%

Well, today is really my first day of CAD and I still need to go get the book. I am going to try to go over to the bookstore after work on my way to the train station.

Can anyone tell me what the CS is?
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Jun-07-04, 13:55

BF:

Well if you are following CAD there is no CS (complimentary snack) at first unless you are absolutely hungry. Then you need to make it protien and veggies half the size of a CM.

EDIT: and only one CS per day.
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Jun-07-04, 15:52

Stats: 188/180/160 Female 5' 4''
BF:Next Mini Goal:175
Progress: 29%

Thanks a bunch!!!
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Jun-07-04, 16:39

Plan: CAD/CALP
Stats: 233/192/145 Female 62"
BF:
Progress: 47%

Nothing really new to report here. My Monday so far has been very busy. Mondays usually are for me, so no surprise there. It does make the day go by fast.

For breakfast I had homemade sausage and a fried egg, for lunch CM I had a nice salad with BBQ steak and I think for my RM I will have a large salad DH made a pot of Lima Beans but not to sure if I have any fruit to eat or not. I might just have a handful of nuts.

Adukart Hope your numbers on your cholesterol come out OK. I will come and take a peek when I get a minute. Drink lots of water. That will help to wash the extra sodium out of your system.

E- You did good by not eating the cake. I know for me before my CAD days, I would have been tempted to eat it even if it wasn't that great, just because it was sweet.

MikieGirl. Welcome to CAD and I hope you have a great first day. You really need to read the book. It has so much info that you really need to know to make CAD successful. Let us know how your day went.

Everyone have a great day.
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Jun-07-04, 22:01

Plan: CALP vegetarian plus fish
Stats: 140/138/132 Female 66 inches
BF:26%/25%/20%
Progress: 25%

Hi you all--It's late now, probably most of you are in bed already, and I really should be but I'm not!

Had a good day today, as I seem to have lost at least one full pound in the week since I started this. I have probably gained a little bit of muscle this past week. Today I went to the gym again and increased just about all the weights I'm doing on the machines, and got more of a workout than I did last week. I feel stronger after just one week. I checked a really good book out of the library--"Strong Women Stay Slim" by Miriam Nelson--it has a lot of good stuff in it about weight training and exercise for women in their 40's and older (like me).

Gosh if I don't get to sleep now I'll be sorry tomorrow...I feel a lot of energy for some reason tonight...but I know it will dissipate by tomorrow if I don't sleep now!