Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Thyroid Disease
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Jul-27-04, 17:09

Plan: atkins
Stats: 175/155/140 Female 5 feet 9 inches
BF:100% sure I got it
Progress: 57%
Default What is going with my screwed up thyroid?

I am on electroxin levothyroxine for hypothyroid. I recently had to have it raised, because it was low. I have been taking the new dosage for over a month, had my blood rechecked, the thyroid level is high normal. In the meantime, I have been gaining weight! I am so bummed out. Why me!? I lost just fine prior to this, lost 25 pounds, stalled for many months and then this happened. I have gained 5 or 6 pounds. Has this happened to anyone else? Is this temporary, I hope, or will I have to take drastic measures?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Jul-28-04, 01:27
Registered Member

Stats: 210/184/140 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 37%

I too gained weight on Levothyroxine. I have too really watch the calories as well as low carb in order to lose weight ( below 1000)
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Jul-28-04, 08:32

Plan: ONE DAY AT A TIME:)!
Stats: 142.5/138.6/120.0 Female 5 feet and 3 inches
BF:
Progress: 17%

Hi easylyvin, I had read earlier on a post from July 20th I believe, you were asking about Armour Thryoid. I started taking Armour about a year ago. I started out low and not until I was on 90mg is when I felt a difference. I started having more energy and I started walking 2 miles and gradually went up to 4 miles. I lost 15 pounds within 3 months. In Dec. I went to my endo. and she raised my medication to 120mg. By then I wasn't able to walk because it was too cold for my baby girl. I went to the doctor a couple of months ago and my thyroid was mildly elevated and my testosterone levels were high. My weight right now is at a halt. I thinking that it may have to do with the testosterone levels, I'm not sure but hoping to get answers Aug. 6th when I go back. She also did prescribe me glucophage but I don't think that was working so I stopped taking it. I am going to check my weight this morning to see if anything has changed. I hope this helps.
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Jul-29-04, 09:53

Stats: 170/150/135 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress:
Default Need advice with blood work results

I'm really hoping to get some advice on where i go from here. just had a appt with endro ..have been suffering with hypo and (I believe) fibro symptoms for 1 1/2 yrs. been to a rhuemmy and he was clueless and now the endro. here are the labs that he had done

TSH 3.5
Total T3 97.2
Hemaglobin 10.5
ferritin (iron) 33.2
also had a biopsy on my thyroid that can back benign
endro says he wants to see me in 10 months....

so i broke down and cried my eyes out...what is up! i have severe hypo symptoms and the nurse states that they only treat with in the range....so i ask so what do you do when i still have symptoms of hypo when i within the range..she says i need to go back to the rhuematologist, so i am starting from the beginnig again. sorry for such a long post . have been tested for most all auto-immune issues thanks so much