Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Candida Yeast & IBS
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Mar-10-04, 22:19
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 142/131/105 Female 5'3
BF:???
Progress: 30%
Default Can you still lose wieght if you have Canadid Yeast infection?

Can you still lose weight? WHy does it slow weight loss?

How long do the really bad die off symptoms usaully occur? Is it normal to still crave sweets, how is this combined with the atkins diet, ketosis and how do you know when it goes away?

Is it common to make you stomache huge? Mine has gotten hard and bloated and stays that way after eating any carbs or artifical sweetners. It's awful. Is this the yeast? Does it usually reside on your lower right hand side?

I can't seem to find any websites anwsering real questions and I am very confused and scared. Please help. This is making my life miserable!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Mar-11-04, 05:10

Plan: My Own
Stats: 240/213/152 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 31%

I can't answer all your questions but after years and years of being unable to lose weight I have lost a stone since New year! I put this down to a totally new way of eating (low carb) and no sugar & sweeteners of any kind.

My tum bloated too but apparently thats the candida. As it dies off it can produce excess gas so my nutri has given me charcoal to take! I find that if I eat a lot of carbs I feel awful and my tum is rock hard and swollen, so I guess this diet is for life for me!

The sweet cravings do ease but I still get the occasional craving (pms & comfort eating etc) but I pig out on some seeds or nuts and then I'm too full for the chocs anyway!

I can eat all proteins, butter & oils, nuts & seeds and young cheeses, plus all non starchy vegs. After that I have 30g to spend on carbs but I also have the usual candida avoid list which I can't have at all. I also take tons of supplements! It seems to be working for me. But I tried to do it alone and didn't get any real long term success so now I working with a nutritionist.

Hope this helps a little.
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Mar-11-04, 06:22
Finding the Pieces

Plan: Mishmash
Stats: 365/308.0/185 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 32%

Why don't you read the thread on oregano oil in the Supplements and Nutrition forum. You'll probably find it very helpful.

Candida can keep you from losing weight and can , in fact, put weight on you.
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Mar-11-04, 18:53
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 142/131/105 Female 5'3
BF:???
Progress: 30%

What kind of stuff have you guys been reading, as in books, any suggestions? What is a typical day for you as far as eating and symptoms (i know they very). Thanks for the suggestions guys!