Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#511   ^
Old Mon, May-27-24, 18:42

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Ok...... tomorrow! Too tired now. I will be the first poster. Busy last couple of days! Hope you all are having a wonderful holiday
Sponsored Links
  #512   ^
Old Yesterday, 06:57

BF:

Good morning!

I am trying to get this posted as promised before Lori! LOLOLOL

Lori- Our golfing queen! Glad you had a weekend full of your game!! I think it's fun you have a clubhouse and can grab a beer and food before leaving! = no cooking!
Have you ever been to Augusta GA? They have the BEST courses in the country! Maybe your next trip. That would be fun. A golf trip!

Trig- Did you get that pool up and running? I hear ya on the last year for it.
I was shocked to hear the CHOP wants to be done and over the Farm. I 100% agree the next move should be a beach house. Rentals SUCK!

However, all that being You and Chop "could" get the Farm ready to go. then you could travel in your home on wheels to explore your NEXT! I love that idea.
Maybe after the kiddo goes back to school. Enjoy this summer. It will roll very fast- as they all do now!

Nic- did you survive all the "kids"- and then some?!?!?!?!? Where are ya??
--------------------------------------------------------------------

The past few days have left me in a DAZE! I yanked my neck outta whack and couldn't turn my head to the left. After 3 days of Flexeril I figured up it was my new pillow. Too high and I slept all wrong.
So last night I ditched the high pillow and basically found the flattest pillow and only used one.
I feel GREAT this morning. I can turn now about 90%. I am just a little sore. So, I found the culprit.

Anywhoo.......

Today:
Job boards
Bills for next month
Walk 30 minutes as it is a beautiful day.

I woke up to blue skies and sunshine. The air feels cooler and not as humid.

Just doing my thing today. 5-% Computer time and 50% outside. I just can't sit for hours pounding out applications. I am good if I get out 2-3 a day.

I chatted up my bestie who lives in Mass. She got a ring this weekend. Talk about moving fast! He now is living with her 50% of the time. I am happy for her if she is happy. Personally, I don't think I could live with someone 100% ever. I know she is in early phase....... All she talked about was "him"....... yeaaaaaaa She is giddy. Sorta cool for a 62-year-old.

Have a good one!
  #513   ^
Old Yesterday, 08:37

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

Yes....I was here early and decided to wait as Jaz wanted to be the first poster of the day.

We had fun at the golf tournament yesterday, but we did get soaked. My partner and I played well for being 2 old duffers!

I'm enjoying a lazy, quiet day today. So happy I decided to take 2 days off from golf. Feeling tired and a bit beat up. It'll do me good. I may make a trip to the grocery store and meat market this afternoon. It's so nice not having a schedule for a change.

Hope everyone enjoys the day!!
  #514   ^
Old Yesterday, 19:42

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hi all-

putting down a dot and will do a check in tmrw. Drove in to MD tonight after a fun full day in DE- a hike (more a stroll in DE bc it's so flat), bike riding and the beach! It was a trifecta of happy.

Tired now though!
Catch up with you all tmrw!
  #515   ^
Old Today, 02:53

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Lori, the old power couple had fun at the tournament, cool
I am so you on being over what to cook everyday for others. With kiddo home her food requests are driving me batty in that even the Chop who is a variety eater is so simple now compared to her. She wants real dinners made, like the old days and I so don't wanna do that anymore, bleck.

I think the Chop don't wanna do final beach move yet is cause his mom's estate is not being done til about end of July and it is on his last nerve the whole thing and dealing with that commercial possible land sale and I think he can't see past that and another issue is his job, honestly he don't wanna leave it even tho he is basically retired lol. Not sure on it all but I know I ain't doing anything except my beach home. Who knows what the Chop is thinking HAHA but unless it is the same as my plans it ain't happening LOL ugh

Jazz, owww on the neck. I had that once or twice on a neck stuck and can't turn it and honestly it is a friggin' nightmare but you figured out the issue and hope it releases and heals up fast for ya.

Nicco, a hike, a bike and beach. Girl......don't even.....lol.....

----------today is final day to get pool water sparkling. Got all the green out and water tons more clear, now it is filter filter filter again with all day into night and tomorrow I should have a nice, ready to go swim pool. Weee seems like it took forever again but at least the stupid thing is almost ready. Now I need 90 deg heat to make it fun to swim for me.

found out the Chop gave our pasture grass to the neighbor again to make round bale hay. So neighbor dude in the next stretch of hot days will be cutting down the pastures, tethering and baling. Which is ok I guess cause it will clean up my pastures from the darn little trees that are invading so I am cool with it. We sold our round baler equip etc so I can't make hay and 1 goat can't eat it all LOL

week or 2 should get rv back
kiddo's car to go to Ken next week for work

I tell ya, ain't life getting super expensive? I swear everything has basically doubled or more on me. I am totally blowing thru money like crazy. Don't like it, I feel out of my money control ya know ugh

ok will get morning moving and see what the day holds. be good all
  #516   ^
Old Today, 05:30

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

Another day and we cancelled golf. WTH? It was supposed to rain today! Oh well....another day off for this old body. My regular partner is taking all week off....pouting because she's been playing so poorly. I have someone else to play with tomorrow and possibly the weekend. Hey, I've played by myself before...it's actually quite fun.

I have to get out and do something today. A walk at least. I went to the grocery store and meat market yesterday. I bought just a few things at the meat market and it was $111. I bought a whole beef tenderloin(trimmed) and then brought it home and sliced it up. That was over $90. It was a big one.

I should do some cleaning today, but I'm not feeling it. I just need to vacuum and sweep the front porch.....just easy stuff. I have some windows that could use washing too....bah!

Well, I'm going to ease into the day and see where it takes me.

Bye!
  #517   ^
Old Today, 09:10

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Good morning!

I am sitting out here on the deck totally being an old lady and enjoying every second of it. I am becoming a bird nerd and I love to listen to bird song and use an app to identify some of what I hear. I can ID an osprey in DE now and a red shouldered hawk in MD- two exciting birds- plus a variety of others that are more run of the mill. This morning it recorded 10 different types of birds just singing away. Bella is out sunbathing too. Just gorgeous and I feel so fortunate to have both DE and MD to escape to and enjoy the outdoors.

Trig I hear you on the money- sometimes things just hit plus day to day life is definitely more expensive. We are fortunate though, we all are, that we can manage these things- we don't want to or like to, but at least we can.

Sounds like DD is enjoying being home! Is she still keeping somewhat low carb? Does she have anything exciting coming up? Do you have any campgrounds booked?

Lori LOL on your partner basically having a tantrum this week. Oy vey! I'm glad you are as easygoing around golf as you are.

Jaz I know you are on the job hunt and I'm sure that is somewhat stressful. I agree with Trig's comment that you seem to have found a nice place to land and near your kids too

Bellini is starting to smile! I am happy for KB bc that really changes things- a little positivity goes a long way.

A friend of mine passed away the other day and her memorial service is tomorrow. That will be rough. Too early, too soon.

Have a great day, all!
  #518   ^
Old Today, 09:20

BF:

Good Morning!

Yup- Lori you took the lead today to get us off on the right foot! I am shocked you still play with Miss Pouty! You have WAY more patience than I would have!
Glad you have other people to play with!

Look at you snagging a whole tenderloin! I love tenderloin steak. So yummy! Do you grill yours?

It is a pretty day here. I could see how nice it would be to sweep the front porch, get a good new magazine, and chill there! It is very Americana!! Do you have a flag outside your porch? Take a front-view pic of your house. I am curious now!

Trig- OMG on you being a short-order cook for the kiddo! Full dinners huh? Like what does she want? Meat, sides, potatoes? Is she into pasta? Yea, that would get old very fast.
I get to a point I like to cook up a batch of meat and just pull it outta the fridge and eat it. SOMETIMES I AM too lazy to even warm it up. I don't have a microwave. No warming stuff up without getting a pan dirty. MEH- I have gotten so LAZY!

By the way I was thinking of your little beach town. Have you ever been to Darian GA? I stayed there 3 months a year or so back. Do you remember me talking about Darien? It is a quiet fishing town. It is right outside of Brunswick and Amelia runs off of it. It is a sleepy little town. It is cheap with spectacular Marsh views. It is 15 minutes from St. Simon Beach! It is a charming little town. I would stay there again in a heartbeat!
Stick it on your list to visit!

I hear ya on the Chop just not quite ready. I agree that after all the business from his mom is over, he might take a fresh look at it all. Like I said, maybe after the kiddo goes back to school. Just start taking road trips. No strings attached. Just go explore! Bring me back a shell!!!!

Nic- You are back at the "big house"? You are killing me as well with all the beach talk! Lucky lady!
How was your weekend? What's on your schedule now? Sounds like you have made some cool lady friends in DE!!!! OMG DE is SO SO SO flat! I remember that in a big way. I was traveling through DE and going North- I could see for MILES. Just flat!
Let's not forget all those Tyson and Purdue Chicken Farms they have there. The entire state smells like chicken soup!!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Well the sun is full and the skies are the bluest! I am going to get out for a bit with the pup for a walk.

Steak is thawed and ready, and leftover hamburgers and hot dogs from yesterday. All good!

I just love me a summer day!!!!!!!!