#2   ^
Old Sat, Jul-05-08, 23:18

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 162/137/135 Female 5'4”
BF:
Progress: 93%

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaneHilo
So does this sound like candida? Am I experiencing die-off symptoms?

Thanks,
Alane

Hi Alane.....I would say absolutely that sounds like candida symptoms. Since you were on antibiotics so long, it's extremely likely you have an overgrowth.

Other symptoms you may experience due to a systemic yeast infection can be wide-ranging. Note that these symptoms are often caused by conditions other than systemic candidiasis. That said, many systemic yeast infection sufferers complain of the following symptoms:

Generalized Symptoms: Tiredness or fatigue, muscle aches, lethargy or feeling "run-down," headaches, dizziness, joint pain and swelling, hypoglycemia, shortness of breath.

Digestive Symptoms: Oral thrush, alternating diarrhea and constipation, digestive pain, rectal itching, inflammatory bowel disease, gas, food sensitivities.

Genital Symptoms: Vaginal yeast infection, menstrual problems, PMS, chronic urinary tract infections, painful sex, vaginal odor, impotence.

Dermatological (Skin) Symptoms: Chronic rashes, eczema, acne, hives, skin lesions.

Mental and Emotional Symptoms: Irritability, depression, memory problems, lowered self-esteem, insomnia, learning disability, short attention span.

A systemic yeast infection can also weaken your immune system, leaving you more vulnerable to other diseases. Symptoms may be suppressed with conventional drugs, but will likely recur until you treat the cause.

Systemic Yeast Infection

Here's another helpful site:
The Silent Epidemic

I've been trying to do a yeast free diet all year but it's very difficult and I'm developing food intolerances left & right from the candida. I've had to give up eggs, nuts & coconut oil. I was taking Candida Cleanse but it gave me horrible stomach cramps so I had to stop. It's difficult finding something I can fight the yeast with that doesn't make me sicker.

I have a doctor appointment next week and will pretty much demand he draw blood to check for candida overgrowth. Doctors just don't want to deal with it for some reason.