View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Feb-26-06, 11:13
Clueless. ODAAT.

Plan: Intuitive Eating
Stats: 290.6/290.6/180 Female 5'10"
BF:I do not care!
Progress: 0%

You might try taking a B-12 supplement. I have Meniere's syndrome (an inner ear disorder); one of the symptoms is a ringing/roaring in the ears. The doctors told me my only solution for relief would be surgical.

I was not fascinated by the thought of surgery on my skull, so I did my own research and found that for some, supplementing with B-12 gave much relief, if not remission. I bought a fairly high dosage and took several tablets per day (500 mcg). B-12 is stored by your body, but is not toxic at high dosages - your body just flushes what it cannot store.

It worked for me! I don't take it every day now, but several times a week is enough to keep the ringing sensation in remission. YMMV...

Also - I did take a prescription diuretic for a time, which also helped with the ringing sensation (this was before I discovered B-12). Meniere's syndrome is caused by a build-up of fluid in the inner ear - and the diuretic helped relieve that pressure (and hence the ringing). Don't know if this information might help you as well. As always, check with your doctor (lol...the standard disclaimer that I tend to ignore in regards to myself).

Let us know if this helps any of you.