Old Mon, Jan-16-06, 15:32

Plan: high fat paleo
Stats: 238/215/165 Female 5foot 7inches
BF:yes
Progress: 32%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa N
****Warning...Personal opinion ahead!******

Waiting until spring to quit becuase you can't take Zyban right now isn't a very good reason to keep smoking. To tell you the truth, you probably don't need it anyway. If you need some motivation and/or assistance to think about quitting sooner, then perhaps this website may help: www.whyquit.com

When you choose to quit is completely up to you, but just think...the sooner you quit, the more money you'll have in your pocket to fix all those things that keep breaking.

I do understand where you're coming from, but I've made 6 or 7 attempts to kick it in the last two years. I tend to cry most of the first fortnight or so, if I get that far. I know I'm not normal, but there you go.

I read late last year that nicotine enhances noradrenalin in your brain, and it's possible that some smokers are actually self-medicating for depression. Zyban was originally designed to be an anti-depressant, and works on noradrenalin (the popular drugs like prozac work on serentonin), so I though it was something that was deffo worth trying.

However, I have been thinking to try quitting again anyway, spring is a long time to wait, and I'd have to wait longer as it'll take a few months to wean myself off paroxeteine, which is the drug i have to come off before I can try it.