View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Wed, Apr-30-03, 18:13

Plan: The Zone-as much as I can
Stats: 231/165/175 Female 5ft9in
BF:?,33+/24.2/22
Progress: 118%
Default Anyone have any tips on freezing?

With summer around the corner and fresh fruits and veggies abounding, I am looking for freezing tips. I would like to do this without adding any sweetners or preservatives as much as possible. I also need to know how long things usually last in the freezer before it starts to taste like the freezer. Recently, strawberries were on sale and I washed, sliced, and froze 20lbs. in one pound bags. We are going through them like water! Hopefully I will be able to do this with all sorts of berries this summer. I have purchased frozen peaches at the store, but they have preservatives in them. Any tips? How about other fruit? Tips for veggies?

I have also recently shredded and froze cheese, and it turned out great! I get a ton of cheese thru the WIC program and really needed to do something with it. It is really convienient and not at all mushy like I thought it would be.

Oregon shrimp meat was also on sale, so I bought 5lbs. and froze it in 6oz. packages. Perfect size for a shrimp louis. I freeze all sorts of meats, I just need to remember to take it out in time to defrost for dinner! What about freezing precooked meats or lunch meats? How do they turn out?

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links