View Single Post
  #384   ^
Old Wed, Jan-22-03, 22:57

Plan: CAD
Stats: 233/176/155
BF:
Progress: 73%

Stingerita,

I was out of town all day, so didn't respond to your questions. But I was just reading all the responses you had, and all the good info you received, so most of them probably have already been answered.

One thing I wanted to stress (because I wasn't sure that you understood), is that your son's dessert should be counted as the carb in the meal. So he can't eat a bigger portion of dessert than he's eaten of meat or of low carb veggies. So he'll be eating 1/3 meat, 1/3 low carb veggies and 1/3 dessert. Since, I'm just starting back again on CAD, I hope I have this right. Correct me anyone, if I'm wrong. Also, my understanding is that if you want to eat a veggie that's higher in carbs than the ones listed (such as corn) during your RM, you must substitute that for some of your carbs. Which means for me, substituting corn for some of my dessert. And that's not about to happen most of the time.

I did real good today though. DH & I went out to eat and I ate a large steak and a salad. When it was time to eat my dessert, I took one bite and thought "Wow, this is way toooooo sweet!" So I set it aside and went back and got a second salad instead. I'm learning to actually crave the things that are good for me now, and leaving off the other junk. It's a wonderful feeling. I think I love this WOE.

Karen