#16   ^
Old Mon, Sep-03-18, 07:44

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/130/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 129%

Had a hunch, confirmed it:

Quote:
Vitamin A as a hormone: recent advances in understanding the actions of retinol, retinoic acid, and beta carotene. Author information: ... Within the past few years, much has been learned about the metabolism and actions of vitamin A and the carotenoids.

Vitamin A as a hormone: recent advances in understanding the actions of retinol, retinoic acid, and beta carotene.

Just like niacin is not a vitamin, it’s an amino acid; Vitamin A is a lot like Vitamin D; it acts like a hormone in the body.

This is connected to autoimmune disorders; which I am fighting myself. I do better when I control my stress, which moderates my overproduction of cortisol. Like insulin resistance: my symptoms flare up when I have Cortisol Resistance, and moderate when I reduce my cortisol levels: and it can do what it is supposed to do.

This is why steroids moderate the autoimmune response: they force cortisol into the cells. This is also why it winds up not working and harms the immune with continued use: it makes Cortisol Resistance worse, not better.
Sponsored Links