#3   ^
Old Mon, Nov-25-13, 18:13
Registered Member

Plan: Maintenance Dr. A
Stats: 140/140/115 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

Hey, I'm making this right now.

I hope that I haven't messed it up, I'm tweaking it.

First thing is I don't have a 8x8 pan but I have some small single serving size corningware, like the kind people serve artichoke dip in. Anyway, I'm using two of these so it will be thicker than your photo.

also, I used only 5T of butter cause I used the fat from the sausage that cooked out.

Someone posted your recipe elsewhere and it confused me cause it said to measure the pork rinds coarsely ground, but I see now that you said to make it into a flour, I have it somewhere in between, some flour and some small bits.

Also, I used a Tablespoon of Poultry Seasoning to get the sage in....I'll bet that's why it tastes so salty....

We'll See in 30 minutes how it comes out. I'm sure it will take a bit longer since mine is more compact and thick.

I plan to take one of these personal sizes dishes with me to my Families thanksgiving dinner. So they will have the typical bready dressing and I'll have Sausage Dressing.

Thanks for the recipe, I tasted it before it went into the oven, it's a great flavor. Because it's kinda salty, I'll probably eat it with some mashed cauliflower since I'm sure the gravy will be salty as well.

[30 minutes later...]

Wow, it has just the right flavor. I think mine is a bit softer and less held together cause it's thicker, but dressing is not supposed to hold together like a cake, so I don't care. The almond flour gives it a kinda corn bready texture. It tastes like it has bread in it, for real! Hahaha! I'm gonna enjoy of them them a bit and save the other for Thursday.

Thanks again. Sorry I have no pic, my camera is on borrow.