Plan: Atkins
Stats: 199/000/000 Female 5"3'
BF:
Progress: 100%

DAY 40 August 28, 2012
150.4*
Glucose 85
Ketones 1.0 (YES!!)

No more food listings, especially after I went a bit bonkers with almonds this morning! LOL

*Expected more here, after I ate so much yesterday. Still full.

+++++
+++++
Today is the last time I will test my Ketones for this experiment.

I want to do a review of why I did this---
Goals
1. Am I in nutritional ketosis defined by my serum testing?

2. How long did it take to reach it, if I am not?

3. How easy is it to knock myself out of it?
3a. Looking at protein intake
3b. Looking at carb intake.

4. If I knock myself out, how long will it take to get back in?

5. How do I feel during the phases?

6. How much fat will it take to bring my calories up to maintenance level when I decide to stop?

Conclusions, how much of certain things can I eat? What are my goals with this way of eating?

I weighed 153.3 pounds when I started, July 9th. Today, 150.4. I have been lower on this journey and expect to lose a pound or two from here.

I am sitting here trying to figure out just what I learned. I will answer my questions.
1. Am I in nutritional ketosis defined by my serum testing? I was not when I started the testing, I had knocked myself out on my long trip.
2.How long did it take to reach it, if I am not? On the tenth day of testing, I was in NK. That was what I expected.
3. How easy is it to knock myself out of it?
3a. Looking at protein intake—I found that I can eat more than I want and still be in NK.
3b. Looking at carb intake.—I can knock my self out easily if I overdo carbs. For me, I eat between 30 to 50 net carbs a day normally, Dr Phinny has said over or close to 100 carbs can be a problem. I think that is high for me and chose to keep mine lower.
4. If I knock myself out, how long will it take to get back in? I know now that it takes me about four days to get back to NK after bonking myself out.
5. How do I feel during the phases? This is interesting, I was HUNGRY when I was out of NK and NOT hungry when I was in NK. I wanted to eat at least three meals and snacks out of NK and two meals, one snack in NK. I also had a lot of energy and slept well, in NK.
6. How much fat will it take to bring my calories up to maintenance level when I decide to stop? This is an answer I will find out in the next weeks. I have decided that I am very happy on the lower to medium protein, low carb high fat way of eating, am basically at the weight I want to be so I am going to start figuring out my allotment of fat a day, now. I (me, myself and I) believe in counting calories. For the next few weeks I will be watching my calories as I increase my fat and expect to go up to about 1850 calories, with between 70 to 90 grams of protein, 30 to 50 net carbs and the rest fat.

I am happy I did this, I was curious and now know I can get myself back into NK between four and ten days, depending how long I am out.

I like being there, life is easier without cravings and hunger.

The way I am choosing to eat is for me. I have experimented a lot with myself and will probably be tweaking this as I go a long. After all, this is for the rest of my life.

I am not suggesting this for everyone, but it worked for me.

I believe calories count. I believe one can go on a lower calorie way of eating in many ways. We all know low fat/high carb ways to lose weight. I could at 1200 calories of anything and I will lose weight, I believe. I STARVED at 1200 calories of low fat food. Now, I choose to eat my calories in food I love, bacon, eggs, steak and coconut oil and not be hungry.

I am glad I did this. I found out that I can live this way, be happy and understand the mechanics of HFLC and NK as far as we can in today's science.

Warning: Unknown(): open(/var/lib/php/session/sess_041b7cae78957b346edc90676dbd2df4, O_RDWR) failed: No space left on device (28) in Unknown on line 0

Warning: Unknown(): Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/var/lib/php/session) in Unknown on line 0