View Single Post
  #26   ^
Old Sat, Aug-16-03, 20:54
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins/CAD
Stats: 330/276/150 Female 5' 1/2
BF:WAY TOO MUCH!!!
Progress: 30%

I've been skipping around and reading a lot of the CAD/CALP journals some of you here have and in a few of the threads too and have just about decided to go to the CALP after seeing so many of your successes. I was on a similar version of it in early July before starting Atkins in mid July...I lost more noticably on it maybe because you lose more at the start but I was more satisfied on it too and feel I've got to make a change. I've really had a bad 2 days wanting things I can't have and being extra nervous/moody. What do all of you think? Should I stick it out on Atkins or change? I have not read my copy of CALP lately but I can get back into it easily(I also have copies of Protien Power, Curves, Neanderthin, Atkins'NDR&Atkins'FL & also Eat More&Weigh Less books...all LC). I chose to change to Atkins because a friend was going to be doing it too but she hasn't started yet and may never do anything. I gained 2 lbs eating nothing extra in the last 5 days and can't understand it either. I am very LC motivated and do not cheat, if anything I'm too hard on myself and have cut carbs to way under 20 almost the whole time too. Twice I had 23carbs... and 3 days I did the moderate fat fast last week. I drink all my water + every day,no colas,shakes...nada. Yet my weight loss stayed the same rate really till this week...now I'm gaining! I started walking/exercising 3 weeks ago and have done more each week. I had cancer almost 6 yrs ago now and all my female organs are gone so there is no TOM to visit either in case that thought came to mind. I know there are stalls but just feel that I'm going to loose my motivation if I go backwards instead of forwards right now. Please help me decide.
Needing input, Pat