View Single Post
  #42   ^
Old Sat, May-10-08, 18:15
Registered Member

Plan: Neocarnivore
Stats: 375/345/250 Male 74 inches
BF:
Progress: 24%

I thought I should report the mistakes I made while trying to make Cauli-pizza.

I shredded some cauli, intending to cook it, but instead I put in the egg. Don't ask me why. So I went ahead and put in the cheese, and since it was already in a pan, I thought, why don't I cook it in the pan and then it will be round.

This worked fairly well, but since it was a pan instead of a skillet, it was difficult to turn, but I finally got it. So now I had a nice, golden brown pizza crust with partly cooked cauli in it.

Then I had some unshredded cauli left over, so I made a second batch, this time cooking the cauli first, then mixing the cheese and egg into the pan and browning it.

Browning it in a pan seems like a good idea.

Then I went to put on toppings and found that my jar of sauce had long since turned into a science experiment. Plus I was out of onions, no sweet peppers, just some pepperoni and a block of white cheddar. I had used the other half of my shredded mozzarella on the second pizza, so I tried to grate the cheese in my new fancy food processor.

This caused about $4 worth of Cabots "Seriously Sharp" cheddar to form a thin greasy layer on the inside of my new food processor. I scraped off chunks and distributed them around the pizzas.

Finally I browned up some sausage and put that on, and it turned out pretty good. Tasted good, held up about 50% as good as pizza. I think with a little practice browning it in a pan it will work really good.

Then some day I can get crazy and actually follow directions.