View Single Post
  #33   ^
Old Fri, Jan-01-16, 13:51

Plan: Self-designed
Stats: 158/130/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

Thanks, Janet!

Happy new year to all the low-carbers here, too.
Only one more post in the fat loss series...I'm getting tired of it, and my readers probably are, too. Probably lots more things I could talk about - gut biome, hormones other than thyroid - but frankly, I'm running out of steam. There are other things I'm more excited to write about, and there's no way I can cover every possible factor that could hold up weight loss. (Besides, if I did, then I'd put myself out of business. Haha! No, just kidding...actually, stubborn fat loss is probably the single most difficult issue I face with my clients and it's really, really tough to get people to understand how complex it is, and how long it might take before people start seeing results.)

I need to add a link to this podcast somewhere in that series, because Jim Laird was SPOT-ON with his observations from a few decades as a very successful personal trainer. I think anyone struggling with stubborn fat loss would learn a lot from it - particularly working women/working moms, who are spread way too thin and don't realize how significantly their go-go-go lifestyle is affecting their hormones & metabolism: http://robbwolf.com/2015/12/22/epis...g-and-recovery/