View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Oct-02-11, 15:45

Plan: Atkins Maintenance
Stats: 213/141/150 Female 5'4 1/2"
BF:
Progress: 114%

Quote:
we don't eat on some days and we eat more on others. All of these behaviors put us back into the "Normal Ancient State". We can't figure it out, because when we look at the intake for a whole week, we ate very little...certainly many fewer calories than we used to eat before dieting. Why aren't we losing??? It's because food intake is intermittent and not sufficiently restrictive. The body adjusts to intermittent eating, lowers its burn, and keeps weight stable, just as it's programmed to do

Quote:
And of course, remembering the information above, remain consistent each day.

I find this highly interesting. As someone very new to maintenance and still adding in new foods while looking for my ccl and ccm I am still struggling somewhat. I can not seem to get consistent with carbs or cals. One day I'll manage 45 carbs - the next only 20. One day my cals will be 1600 and the next less than 1000! Maybe this is part of the reason I am still struggling and my weight is bouncing so much?

That said, is it not normal to eat more some days and less others?

I certainly agree with choosing a diet and sticking with it long enough to really see if it works.

I totally disagree with the idea of using fake foods to lose weight. You've got to learn from the beginning how to use real foods to lose weight and then eventually to maintain that weight. Relying on fake foods while in loss mode dissipates the learning curve one needs to be successful at maintenance. Been there done that more than once.

And of course is almost goes without saying to keep your starches and sugars low not only to lose, but to maintain.

I agree that exercise is secondary, but is is important. Just take a look at the photos of me two different times at 163 - one while exercising, the other while not!