View Single Post
  #61   ^
Old Wed, Feb-17-16, 13:01

Plan: VLC
Stats: 331.8/182.0/175 Female 68.5"
BF:
Progress: 96%

Hi CHELLE! Nice to see you again! And thank you for telling Cricket all about this Carb Nite Solution plan, otherwise I would have never tried it.

Hi ROOB! Great to have you on board too! the more the merrier and the more we can learn from each other!

I am getting ramped up for my first Carb Nite tomorrow night. Actually, it will start around 1 pm, since I am always up at 4am and go to bed around 7pm. I have my game plan all laid out and I have spoken to my doc about my plans. I have the insulin I need if my BS goes too high.

Here is the plan:

Normal breakfast of coffee/cream in early am. I will make some eggs a little later with a bit of leftover turkey - around 10am.

Around 1 pm I will have a serving of Cream of Wheat (with brown sugar for sweetening, and some milk to prepare it). This will give me 40 carbs and very low fat. I will test my blood about an hour later to see how I am doing.

Around 3-ish - I had a hard time figuring out what to do about this. But I saw an ad for a Shamrock Shake at McDonald's and my mind was set. I always loved these and used to get them every year when they came in "season". I have not had one in years. I am going to get one tomorrow! Carbs should be 72 for a small one. The fat is amazingly low for a Shamrock shake, so I am not over-doing it.

Around 5 pm I will have my dinner. I have decided to get a fish fry! 2 pieces of cod with some fries and cole slaw! I believe a dinner roll is included with that. It will come to 95 carbs! This seems so shockingly high to me. I have never thought about the amount of carbs in a simple fish fry before.

That is 209 carbs already. I will need a bedtime snack, and Ed has sugar cookies, so I may scarf a couple while watching TV in bed. IF I CAN HANDLE IT! That seems to be so much food and I will try to have at least a couple to get that last insulin release before I sleep. At least 35 carbs extra.

WHEW. I am curious to see how this goes. That fish fry will fill me to the gills. I may have to space it out a bit more. But for the sake of filling up the old glycogen stores, I will give it my best. At least I will get around 200 carbs in for the night minimum. That should do the trick.

Tomorrow morning I will post my weight and measurements before I start the day and post my weight every morning after so I can see how my body reacts to this.

I can barely wait. This is so scary!

I hope the rest of you are having a good ULC day and gearing up for your Carb Nite! I know I seem to be over-planning this, but I don't have the luxury of winging it. I must make sure the blood sugars do not get out of hand.
Sponsored Links