View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Sat, Jun-18-16, 22:32

Plan: hflc
Stats: 166/157/125 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 22%

Hi Verbeena,

I should have been clearer: I LOVE steak, RARE steak on the BBQ !!! (to me a proper steak is ribeye, New York, fillet...not chuck).

If cooked beyond medium rare, I consider the steak ruined. Of course, steak is expensive.

So, what I love about the pressure cooker is, I can buy a super cheap cut of tough, tough meat and in less than an hour, have tender beef for dinner (obviously, not rare... but...).

Now, don't get me wrong. Chuck steak in the pressure cooker vs. Ribeye rare on the grill, ribeye wins hands down every time... but, with ribeye costing upwards of $19/pound where I live, and chuck steak costing around $7/pound... well, for me, eating ribeye every night is cost prohibitive.

The Pressure Cooker has made cheap, tough cuts quick, easy and tender.

But yeah, they'll never be as good as rare steak on the grill.

...frozen chicken turns out beautifully too, from frozen. Did that tonight. dropped 3 frozen solid bricks of boneless chicken thighs form Costco into the cooker, 50 minutes later- gorgeous tender, moist chicken. I ate a couple bites plain, and DH mixed his with sauce and cheese and made enchiladas...

I agree with Dex too! Cleaning is a pain! Meat is messy!!! PCXL is one pot clean up and no splatters.

*Dex, I love my little convection oven too! I do bacon in it every morning.

Thanks for the well-wishes, Verbs!