View Single Post
  #22   ^
Old Tue, Apr-05-05, 21:39
Registered Member

Plan: CAD
Stats: 157/153/150 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 57%

Did any of you have a good experience on Atkins/Protein Power/General low carb plans? I have tried them many times, and it's always a similar story for me. At first I feel great, and my hunger is quieted and I like being able to eat any time I get hungry (unlike with CAD). And I usually drop several pounds, like one a day for a while. But then the weight loss slows and I usually gain back a pound or two. Then I start feeling irritable and craving carbs and I just do not want any more fat or protein. These feelings keep building and building until finally I can't take it, and I do something like eat several pieces of fruit and make a huge bowl of popcorn. Then for the next phase I feel really unbalanced for a while, like my body is making up for the lop-sided eating, until I gain back all the weight I lost (and maybe a few extra pounds as well) until I finally feel normal again. And this pattern seems very consistent, no matter what level of carb intake I aim for - and the same thing happened when I tried The Zone. CAD is the only plan (so far) that really seems to work for me.