Thread: LC Our Way #3
View Single Post
  #70   ^
Old Tue, Aug-07-18, 06:23

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

So Jaz, which 500 level Proform treadmill did you get from Amazon? Cool that they will set it up for you. I would have chosen that option too!

Holy crap! 104 MPH!? You DO have a lead foot! You are probably lucky you don't get pulled over more often. I'm not a fast driver in particular, more of a "go with the flow" type, but I did make sure to teach my kids to make sure, if they are in the left lane, that they are not the front or the back of a pack.. be in the middle of at least two other cars if you are speeding so one of them will get nailed first.

Are you still liking your Garmin watch? Is it making you more aware?

Trig, glad you have another trip coming up and soon! Have you heard about the movie "Eighth Grade?" It is getting excellent reviews. I wonder if your DD would like it- it would be a great talking point for you both if you went together.

I would be totally down with a mountain trip or a trip to Savannah so I get your DD. And Segway tours are WONDERFUL!! Just make sure to check the minimum age. Super fun. It's nice to have a mix of lazy beach trip and something more stimulating.

Sounds like your mall is making efforts to revitalize. That's good IMO. Online shopping is great, I am all for it, but having brick and mortar stores with people working in them is nice too. Our mall has grown and is doing really well. They've put in nice restaurants and in fact, oddly, a Barnes and Noble is being built there right now. I thought bookstores were dying out but apparently not.

Lori- I am glad you are getting so much golfing in. That makes me happy for you! I bet you are enjoying not having the stress of the job for now. I think that was a good and necessary transition for you when you left your job. You couldn't imagine all that "free time" with nothing on the schedule so to speak, but maybe you have found that time fills itself and being scheduled and busy isn't necessarily such a great thing. Slowing down a bit and doing what you love is just gorgeous!

Blue, hey chick! A lot going on with you in a relatively short post. Big decisions about the apartment, which I can't wait to hear about when the time is right. Working on shoots and projects. Packing up and moving along with the process. That is a lot! And then the balance of good times with a friend. Well done, you!

•••••••••••

I think I am generally caught up. Gotta get the boy up in 15 minutes so he can shower and we can gather our stuff up. I am sad to be leaving Canada. It has been a wonderful adventure. I have absolutely LOVED the languages we have heard, not only French but others as well. It is very easy to be here.. the people here switch back and forth between French and English so incredibly seamlessly that it boggles the mind. We have met people from Germany, Netherlands, various provinces of Canada, etc. People have been nothing but nice. Several times we were sitting down to eat and the table beside us would lean over and strike up a conversation. One German couple pulled out their phones and showed us pictures of their trip! LOL Very different from our region where you really don't say much to folks you don't know. People here are wide open, friendly and unassuming. The defensiveness that is a bit rampant in parts of America is nowhere to be seen here.

So we head off to Portland today, back to the US of A. I know we will enjoy this as well but honestly we will miss Quebec for sure. DS is pleased to have picked up a number of words already and has been talking more excitedly about planning his semester abroad his Junior year. Nothing makes me happier than whetting my kids' appetite for travel and adventure, and opening their minds to all that is different and available for them to learn about!

I have been flat off plan while traveling, as I do. I just enjoyed my last latte here, and omg the coffee is heavenly!!, along with a fresh baked, warm croissant. Aaaah. We have enjoyed savory crepes (and a sweet one for DS) and poutine and all the regional things (except horse meat. No thanks!) This afternoon we will eat Linner at Cape Elizabeth before checking in at Portland.

Once I get back though I will be full on LC and am planning to go at it hard, with only about three weeks until the wedding. Crazy! I've kind of enjoyed the break from thinking about it.

Not sure I will get pics emailed out today but I'll try to send at least a couple. This has been a marvelous adventure. So very glad I did it, and even more so that I did it with DS19!