View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Thu, May-08-03, 14:25

Plan: Glycemic Index/Glycemic Load
Stats: 233/236/170 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: -5%
Angry I Bragged Too Soon

Well, they say the bigger they are, the harder they fall, and I fell HARD!! Those of you who read my previous post ("I'm Soooooo Proud of Myself") know about my gloriously successful weekend where I avoided all the tempting funky foods and remained steadfast on my Somersizing program, even in the face of massive temptation.

Welllllllll, I fell off the wagon big-time on Monday night. It all started with what were originally intended to be "just a few" jellybeans, and I am still trying to stop!

Our computers at work have been on the fritz, they were down for several days. The engineers finally got the server restored on Monday, but my work was way behind by that time. A lot of stress! So, Monday night I was trying to catch up on my work load, when lo and behold! the darned server went down again! Just about that time, I caught sight of a jar of jelly beans that one of my co-workers had on her desk. Thinking that "just a few won't hurt me," I picked out 4 of the purple ones (my favorites). Well, you know what happened next.

So now here it is Thursday, and I am still at it. I seem to have this mentality that at long as I am off the program, I may as well go ahead and have that _________ (fill in the blank - whatever I have been hankering for), that way I can get it off of my mind and over with. Very faulty logic, I know. The problem is, I know this "intellectually," but "emotionally" is a different story.

I can't believe I have regressed this far! Just a few days ago, I was so happy, feeling so victorious. Now I feel so discouraged and hopeless. I wonder if I will ever really be able to lose the weight. I keep losing 5-8 lbs. and then regaining it, losing and regaining, over and over.

How do I get off of this downward spiral? Equally as important, how do I KEEP off of this cycle of despair?
Sponsored Links