Old Tue, Sep-01-09, 17:45
Registered Member

Plan: My own
Stats: 251/185/180 Male 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by M Levac
So would I. But I just have this little problem, most "scientists" lie about their work either through incompetence or plain willfulness or simple economics, i.e. "if I don't tell them what they want to hear, I'll lose my funding". The result is the same, there is little to no actual science being done on nutrition and health.

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=400888

This shows you are not to be taken seriously. You can wave your hand and dismiss any findings you find disagreeable as a lie.

Your attitude is common among cranks e.g. it is very common among evolution deniers. Cranks often dismiss the evidence by claiming some huge conspiracy of silence and lies, but such a sentiment shows a grave ignorance of how science actually works. Scientists achieve, notoriety, and funding by showing current theory to be insufficient or wrong, not by maintaining the status quo. The only reason you have heard of Albert Einstein was because he radically improved upon Newton's laws of gravitation, not because he bobbed his head and said, "yup, them laws is good!" The same for Galileo, who 400 years ago last week presented his telescope to the government of Venice. (did you notice the goofy-looking Google logo last week while searching for more crank literature?) His work improved on the Copernican model of the universe. Anyone who thinks science is about maintaining some sort of group census has displayed the most fundamental scientific illiteracy.

Were Carnot and Joule lying?

PROTIP: If either of those names has you heading for Google, you are too illiterate to take part in this discussion.