View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Sep-30-03, 23:29

Plan: Suzanne Somers'
Stats: 142/118/115 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 89%
Default Hello Karin.

Sorry about the stumble, but glad to see you got right back on the wagon again. I've done the same countless times, but the nice thing about thinking in terms of a WOE instead of a "diet" is that it's all about the long run. Okay, so you slipped up today and last week or whatever, you just go right back to following the plan and the weight will come back off again.

I lost 20 pounds and then stopped because I was travelling so much all summer and because I wanted to eat all the excellent fruit available in my area while it was in season. Because of those things I've been up and down the same 5 pounds for months, just like Diamondlil, but I'm still down that original 20 and it's not hard at all to maintain at this new weight! I will still strive to get down to my goal, but now I'm used to this WOE I can eat without too much thought and not worry I'm going to balloon up suddenly like I have in the past. Even a couple of intense bouts with my neighbors' cookie jar (the bane of my existence) didn't do any harm that a week of "normal" SS eating didn't undo again. Whew!

Donna put her finger on it with the wasting Funky Food thing. Give it away! I do that with all kinds of things that manage to creep onto my shelves one way or another. Like the naughty fortune cookies that always come with takeout chinese food, or the white rice they insist on including even when I ask them not to. The cookies go to a non-somersizing friend and the rice goes to my pet doves and cockatiels. I'm a long way from perfect too though. Last week a box of blueberry muffin mix (double blueberries, God help me!) fell off my pantry shelf onto my feet. They'd been hiding behind a box of Atkins bread mix all this time. There it was a weekend and everything. In a weak moment I baked them up quick, before I could give the box away. They weren't even as good as I remembered and I ended up feeding half of them to the wild birds (poor things).

There will always be that one or even two steps back here and there, but once you settle onto the path you'll find it gets easier and easier to keep walking forward. Honest!

Keep on keeping on.

MB