Old Sun, Mar-18-07, 13:04
Registered Member

Plan: PP/Atkins Maintenance
Stats: 178/137/137 Female 5'6"
BF:28%
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkloots
I've simply excluded white flour products from my menu--bread, rolls, bagels, pasta, tortillas. I've learned to live without them. I didn't see any reason to go out of my way to try whole grain versions, let alone "low-carb" versions, of these products. It's just simpler for me that way.

I'm coming to the conclusion that wheat products will probably not be part of my diet either (with the exception of occasional Dreamfields pasta, which I tolerated just fine). I don't miss bread as much as I thought I did, really. When I tried it, I didn't really enjoy it as much as I though I would. I don't miss it enough to seek out whole grain versions of it either. That GI distress was enough to cause me to steer clear of it.

I was talking to someone at church this AM about Atkins. She was asking me how long I'd been doing it. I said 6 months. She said Wow that's a long time to be doing Atkins. (Clue #1 that she didn't "get it.") When I mentioned that I tried some wheat and it didn't agree with me, she said that she heard that more people have problems with wheat than people realize and that it was good to know that I couldn't have it if I had issues with it. I mentioned that I had tried some potato and tolerated that just fine. I was hoping to give her an idea that the Induction is the not the lifelong diet for most people. I haven't tried anything else, but I'm in no hurry. I'm experimenting with more fat anyway right now.