#56   ^
Old Fri, Mar-30-18, 09:19

Plan: Very LC, Higher Protein
Stats: 227/186/185 Male 6' 0"
BF:
Progress: 98%

Quote:
Originally Posted by teaser
That's another point--"same road as Jimmy, without the weight gain." If I slip up, and my meat intake goes up a little, I'm not rigorously measuring my heavy cream--I gain like, three pounds. I don't feel like my "sins" are any less than his, he just lives in a world where the consequences are much higher.

With the fasting etc.--yeah, I get into a place where I'm sort of playing Wile E. Coyote, trying to make something work, getting caught up in trying to make something work for me instead of concentrating on what has already worked for me. Sometimes I do come up with valuable additions, but a lot of the time I just don't know when to say okay, that's not for me.

This resonates very well with me at the moment. While I have been very consistent over the past 5 years, I tend to embrace other approaches to the point where I develop an understanding that they do or don't help me with nutritional and metabolic health. Developing a baseline that I can use as a solid foundation whenever I venture off path has become an anchor. Yes, it's interesting and educational to try different things. Knowing when and being able to grab the anchor line to pull back to the things that keep me healthy are the most important sources of knowledge for me.

Disdain? No, no one deserves to be judged in such a way. Everyone I know is making choices to do the best one can. Logic is that this attitude must be applied to all those I don't know as well.